2006 crf450r

The last time I changed my fork oil in my '06, I replaced it with 5w in the outer chamber and 2.5w in the inner chamber. It makes quite a difference with big hits, and whoops. Cheap suspention upgrade! I also have an icat on mine which makes starting much easer.

At 185lbs, the stock 06 suspension will be pretty close with clicker and fork oil level adjustments. I liked my 06 with just a spring change but I'm 20lbs heavier and race vet expert. Kept the bike otherwise stock and loved it.

i have a 06 and putting race tech gold valves in forks and shock made a huge difference .i also got rid of the top triple clamp and got a rg3 .i did this cause sometimes when i would crash the stock bars would twist in the clamp and i would have to finish the race with jacked up bars.with the rg3 top clamp ,ive never in 4 yrs twisted the bars in that clamp .

start saving for new wheels the stock ones will bend ,i had my stock hubs drilled for over sized spokes and laced to excel rims .

if you still have stock chain that wont last long .i run renthal twin ring and o-ring chain.

stock tires junk .if you dont mind the weight maxxis will last forever.

radiator braces and skid plate a must. i use works cause you dont have to remove it to change oil filter .

avs levers will keep you riding all day .have never broke one.