NJ enduro gearing

I am happy with 13/47 on my 09TE450 for general rideing- but when I need new sprockets and chain- I will get a 50 tooth rear- and run 13/50 for consistant tight stuff like enduros- and run 14/50 for general riding. Running the stock gearing in consistant tight stuff requires more clutch work and generates more heat than preferable.

the bike is 09 te450. I like the 13/47 gearing but may try 13/50 for tight stuff & 14/50 for general riding.

I think you'll be happy with that- the 50 gives you more options for the type of work we do- I would never need to run a 14/47 and 12/47 is good gearing but the 12 can cause premature wear and is not preferable. So for the 47 your kinda stuck with 13/47, The 50 allows 13/14/15 if you want. The 13 and 14 can be swapped out really easily. Like I said that's my plan with my 09TE450. So good luck,?

b

Get a chain a links longer than stock and take out what is unneeded- grind off swedges/ pull off plate.

Stock gearings was spot on at Beehive and Stumpjumper last year with my 2009 310. The 450 will have more top end overrev in top gear. The 310 runs out of steam on the fire roads unless you hold it open. In the woods though, there are no gaps and first is great.

• 2 weeks later...

I rode the pines for the first time this weekend and I felt the 14/50 I have on my TE300 was too tall. Do those of you running 13/50 feel there is that much difference over the 14? I was contemplating even going all the way down to a 12. I like to run single track stuff and rocks but am afraid with the 12 the bike will run out of legs too early on the longer straights. Husky newd so open to opinions and insight from experience.

I rode the pines for the first time this weekend and I felt the 14/50 I have on my TE300 was too tall. Do those of you running 13/50 feel there is that much difference over the 14? I was contemplating even going all the way down to a 12. I like to run single track stuff and rocks but am afraid with the 12 the bike will run out of legs too early on the longer straights. Husky newd so open to opinions and insight from experience.

If you're going with the counter shaft sprocket try the 13 first.

If you're going with the counter shaft sprocket try the 13 first.

I ordered both 12 & 13 we'll see what i like better. I run 12 x 48 on my YZ250F and love it but my TE has a bit more power so I'll try both and see what setup I'll like better.

I ordered both 12 & 13 we'll see what i like better. I run 12 x 48 on my YZ250F and love it but my TE has a bit more power so I'll try both and see what setup I'll like better.

Where in Jersey are you? You can come see how mine feels. I think 13/50 for my 250 is perfect for both south jersey and also PA rocks though I've only ridden it at the Moonshine.

Where in Jersey are you? You can come see how mine feels. I think 13/50 for my 250 is perfect for both south jersey and also PA rocks though I've only ridden it at the Moonshine.

I live about 5 min from the Point Pleasant Boardwalk. I rode Lebanon State Forest last weekend and definitely looking to explore a lot of other parks now that I have a legal bike. I think the 13 is where i'll end up. I would like to meet some other local Husky riders. I need to learn the tricks and tips to these bikes and I'm not finding much information online. Right now I am trying to hunt down the turn signal relay and a new brake light switch for the hand lever. I think the previous owner removed the relay when he removed the turn signals because I can't find it anywhere.

I think there is a wealth of info here and on cafe husky but searching and finding it can be a challenge. Keep trying, but also this is a very helpful group of people. I don't know the bikes well, but am learning lots about mine thanks to these groups of people(many are the same on each site). I haven't ridden much lately due to injury, but would be happy to meet for a ride some time. There are some great dual sport rides coming up this year too.