86-91 XR250 oil cooler

Well, I did something really dumb. I started working on my '86 XR250 just before moving. In the process of the move, I lost the little keeper for where the oil cooler line goes into the crankcase cover. Of course Honda does not produce this little piece anymore.

I have tried wrecking yards all over the country and have come up empty. So I thought I would throw it out here and see if I get a bite. If anyone has a parts motor lying around, I would love to try to persuade you to sell me that little piece. Or maybe someone has lost this piece at some time as has come up with a suitable alternative.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have a look at this parts picture and tell us what bit you mean.

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/1986-honda-motorcycle-xr250r/o/m3061

Hopefully that link will work for you.

Nope..won't link properly. Click on the Right Crankcase cover fiche and id the bit with a part number. If you can't see it there as I can't check the Oil cooler diagram..If it's a simple metal type plate with a hole in the one part for a bolt and a U shape on the other end then just make one out of some solidish metal. Use a metal rasp to shape the to U size..Should be easy enough.

Edited by Horri

Ok...see it. I don't have one as I have 600's..I'd just make one. Doesn't look overly complex in the shape dept. Hacksaw,drill, a file and a rounded metal rasp would be all you need to fabricate that. Just make sure you use an adequately thick piece of metal to enable the correct compression of the part onto the oil line so it pushes it into the orifice correctly.,.thats if you can't find one anywhere else..Pretty sure I could get one from a guy down here but you aren't here..I can give you his email addy or phone number if you'd like to private message me..Generally takes a week to ten days to send stuff from here to the States..He'd probably charge like a wounded Bull knowing him but it's up to you ..

Edited by Horri

I think my friend has this part he has most of an 86 XR 250R minus frame, back wheel and front forks/wheel/tripples that went onto this XR200. I'm sure he wants most of it gone for cheap no intentions of rebuilding it the XR250 motor was over heated and the frame ruined cause the kick stand was ripped off and it took part of the frame tube with it other wise the parts are good he is planning on demo'ing his house in the near future so I'm sure you could get it cheap!