Rode without my FWW Saturday.

It was almost like being on a different bike! I actually lost it about 2 miles into my ride and ran into a cut bank. 👍

It's a lot of fun without it when the terrain opens, and attacking hills is more exciting, but when it comes to true offroad technical riding, I would just as soon have it on. The bike accelerated quicker which took me awhile to get used to, too. Kind of feels like the difference of putting a cammed throttle on, with the benefit of less stalling. I really didn't have any issues with stalling, but did feel like I had to keep the clutch covered and active moreso. Conditions were good with a mud puddles.

I can now see the difference between my big carb'd bike and the newer 36mm 200's. My 200 with FWW feels about the same as my friends 08 without. I have to say that with the FWW off, this bike got a bit more angry. 🤣

I have the 98' it has a 39mm carb. The bike is very angry. I want tone it down for trail type (lugging) riding as well.

What size FWW do you recommend? 12oz? Should I get the biggest possible? I didn't know that the carb size made that much difference. Is it possible to swap to a smaller carb?

I'm going to mess around with the Power Valve maybe this weekend.

I have the 98' it has a 39mm carb. The bike is very angry. I want tone it down for trail type (lugging) riding as well.

What size FWW do you recommend? 12oz? Should I get the biggest possible? I didn't know that the carb size made that much difference. Is it possible to swap to a smaller carb?

I'm going to mess around with the Power Valve maybe this weekend.

Mine is a 9oz. I wouldn't want it any tamer. That's enough to knock the edge off and see a difference in the PV. Now, I ran it with the PV just above half way to all the way up and couldn't really notice a difference.

FWW is simpler than changin out carbs.

I can now see the difference between my big carb'd bike and the newer 36mm 200's. My 200 with FWW feels about the same as my friends 08 without. I have to say that with the FWW off, this bike got a bit more angry. 👍

The 36mm tones them down that much? I'm really not liking my 08 lately, the power is just so weak, makes me miss my 200sx. Maybe I should try my 39mm off my old 125?

The 36mm tones them down that much? I'm really not liking my 08 lately, the power is just so weak, makes me miss my 200sx. Maybe I should try my 39mm off my old 125?

wouldn't hurt, jetting may be different.

it's not a HUGE difference, but there is a difference, especially when my bike spools up and hits the pipe.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would follow up on this. I spent the last few rides riding without the FWW and today riding with it on.

On faster courses, it is a lot of fun without it, really peppy. But when it gets slower and technical, it is harder to lug along, doesn't pull as well down low, and requires a lot more clutch to get thru slow technical stuff. With it, I can lug thru stuff much easier in 4th, almost from a stop, but can't otherwise, as well. The bike is also smoother thru the woods with it and simply easier to ride. It does take some of the edge off, but a PV adjustment offsets some of it.

I didn't seem to stall the bike any more without it than I do with it, but your mileage may vary.

• Like 1