cycra pro bends

I have a 08 drz 400 s , I just got pro bends with triple clamp mounts , Anybody have these things just fall on ? lol seems like im gona have to do some fab work on them to have them fit rite !

The tripel clamps seem to need some reamming ?

I seen other threads , but nothing about just the drz

Any Input ??

Thanx !!👍

While it is certainly possible to get them on without any bending, the bar insert end is placed under tremendous load - far more than I consider acceptable.

On a FAT BAR (and no doubt others), when the arm of the guard is placed square against the bar tube end, the clamp end will be about 1-2.5 inches forward of its mount. Moving it back that far (like any lever) will exert a lot of force at the bar end insert.

I could see no other option but to have the guard bars bent to reduce the gap. If you decide to bend them, you are going to be amazed at how much force is going to be required!

I called Cycra support to discuss (and yes I had read everyone else's comments about bending them), and their response was to go ahead and bend them. They indicated that heating would help. Give them a call yourself.

I didn't have to fab anything. I did have to go to Lowe's and buy longer bolts for my triple trees though. They do take a little muscle to get them on right but I didn't bend mine. I thought it was a fairly simple installation, both on the stock bars and on my Renthals that I got later.