Fix bottom end on 2010.

Rocket Exhaust.

Today we got it on a dyno.

Added about 2 HP on bottom and carried it out all through out the RPM range with about 2.5 max HP on top.

All was completely stock with stock mapping and pump gas. Pretty amazing so far. We will be taking the filter screen out and mapping it end of next week so see how much that helps, and im sure we might get a little out of that. we ll see.

At the shop we had it at, EBR Performance, it was the most he has ever seen on just an exhaust.

Just an FYI for yall. I know alot of yall are wanting more bottom. and need real proof. this is the proof.

Edited by TLD126

Can you post the chart?

Anyone that wants to get a good boost off the bottom, a slip-on is a great place to start with the 2010. The stock head pipe works very well. The stock muffler hurts bottom.

Edited by 455

Ya Ill scravenge up one tommorow when I get back to the shop. Our dyno had stock at high 31 HP. and after was from high 33 to low 34 hp.

Each one was a bit different in exact numbers but over all was a great dyno.

Cant wait to take the screen out and map it. maybe put some fuel in it also.

Theres just little tabs that you open up and it slides out. Were going by what we usually get half a horse maybe or so.

But I do stand corrected. We got 2 HP on bottom and 1.5 HP on top. the middle was hard to measure the gain. maybe like.5 HP or so. nothing too drastic.

I hope you run it on the dyno with the backfire screen out before you re-map the ECM. I'd like to see the results of that and I'm sure so would a bunch of other people. That would stop all the rumors about the massive HP gain of removing the backfire screen.

I know this doesnt matter to most people but how did the sound levels change? The factories could get alot more power if they didnt have to worry about sound levels. Curious how much louder the aftermarket pipes are. Here in CA we need to be at 96db and spark arrestor.

Now imagine not having to worry about sound level. Aftermarket exhaust should make more power because it is less restrictive. Not rocket science to get more power. It would be if it were as quiet as OEM but more power. Its not though.

Not sure on the DB. I believe its under 99. When they make them there its suppose to be under ama rules. So im guessing it is.

And Soon as I get the map sent to this computer ill post it.

Also I will be re mapping it once i remove the back fire screen, but glad I didnt need to do it with just putting the pipe on, although Im sure if i do map it now it will do something.

I hope you run it on the dyno with the backfire screen out before you re-map the ECM. I'd like to see the results of that and I'm sure so would a bunch of other people. That would stop all the rumors about the massive HP gain of removing the backfire screen.

Eddie has posted these results already. I've taken mine out of all my CRF's and can tell a difference. 1/2 hp isn't a lot but free hp is...priceless.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=845960&highlight=

Amazing.... What bottom end problem????? I guess I never saw a bottom end problem. I immediatly put on a RS4 full system.

Compared to my old 98 KX250 (with a pro circuit engine) 2 stroke this thing had much better bottom end from he get go. I guess peopel are just spoiled these days.

I was going to sell my CR because I broke my wrist, but I have decided not to. Its just part of the equation. Ride On!!?

Eddie has posted these results already. I've taken mine out of all my CRF's and can tell a difference. 1/2 hp isn't a lot but free hp is...priceless.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=845960&highlight=

I would imagine with EFI have more vaccumn, there's a possibility you may pull a bit more than a 1/2 horse. Seeing is believing, and I see it, but I still don't buy it. I'm think I'm getting stubborn in my old age. 1/2 horse to me isn't worth sacrificing a $6000 machine and I truly like the stock filter set up the best. Personal preference once again. ? Thanks for posting the numbers my friend!