Just rode 4 stroke for 1st time !!

WOW....much different than 2 stroker...rode up and down the street and i barely had to ever shift ....going the same distance on my kx 125 i would of had to shift 3 times:bonk:

it was my neighbors 2006 250f ... dual silencers ....very loud too! i walked behind it and the backpressure blew my hat off:thumbsup:

very different power delivery ....i can see how they are easier to ride than 2 smokes .... you have power everywhere in any gear ....specially down low! And dont have to shift as much to stay in power.

But i must say i still like 2 smokes better ....more exciting/challenging to ride. 2 smokes smell better too!

Just my .02 ....but was a fun experience!

Edited by 2strokecrazy

Yes it is def a difference from the 2 stroke. Wait till you feel the difference at the track. You barely have to give it gas and your over the double. Yeah 2 stroke do make you a better rider and once you switch to a 4 stroke you have it easy.

... 2 smokes smell better too!

It's funny how you 2-stroke guys actually like that smell of burnt oily smoke like that. I'm certainly not puting you down or anything, but I can't stand the smell of 2-stroke smoke.... it makes me sick.

It reminds me of breathing the heavy fumes behind a 2-stroke LawnBoy lawnmower in the blazing heat when I was a kid mowing the lawn all afternoon, when I'd rather be riding my Honda SL100. Even today, 30 years later, that smell still makes me feel sick.

But the smell of fresh gasoline? I love that smell. It makes make my wife sick, but I just love that smell. To me, it's the smell of leisurely working on my bike and then going out for a ride.

I can understand how you would like the smell of a 2-stroke if it brings you fond memories.

Funny how smells can invoke memories, both good or bad.

It's funny how you 2-stroke guys actually like that smell of burnt oily smoke like that. I'm certainly not puting you down or anything, but I can't stand the smell of 2-stroke smoke.... it makes me sick.

It reminds me of breathing the heavy fumes behind a 2-stroke LawnBoy lawnmower in the blazing heat when I was a kid mowing the lawn all afternoon, when I'd rather be riding my Honda SL100. Even today, 30 years later, that smell still makes me feel sick.

But the smell of fresh gasoline? I love that smell. It makes make my wife sick, but I just love that smell. To me, it's the smell of leisurely working on my bike and then going out for a ride.

I can understand how you would like the smell of a 2-stroke if it brings you fond memories.

Funny how smells can invoke memories, both good or bad.

mark ...thats true about smell bringing back memories...thats why i like 2 smoke smell ...when i was in 7th grade my buddy got a yz 80 and it was a blast ...and first dirtbike i rode and remember:thumbsup:

Yes it is def a difference from the 2 stroke. Wait till you feel the difference at the track. You barely have to give it gas and your over the double. Yeah 2 stroke do make you a better rider and once you switch to a 4 stroke you have it easy.

william ...i like your statement about never give up on something you think of daily.... very true ...thats why i'll be riding till im 70 ๐Ÿ‘

william ...i like your statement about never give up on something you think of daily.... very true ...thats why i'll be riding till im 70 ๐Ÿ‘

Same here. I can't go a day without thinking about motocross and will never give it up for anything. While I'm at school I just carry a Racer X Mag to get me through the day. When I get home back to working on the bike or go ride.

You ride behind alot of two strokes I gather? ๐Ÿ™‚:applause:

Jeek ...nice one man :jawdrop:๐Ÿคฃ:cheers:๐Ÿคฃ

one thing is i can see now why when i ride with 4 strokes they have easier time hooking up in mud,etc ....cant seem to keep up with them in muddy conditions ....i just spin and slide all over and they just plow thru the mud.

but other than that ...2 smokes for life ๐Ÿ‘

its good you didnt get sucked into the 4 strokes, 2 strokes all the way

the smell is awesome

no way ...i just always wanted to feel the difference in power,etc

2 strokes more challenging to ride and more fun finding correct gear and power ....

i would get bored quickly on a 4t ....and cant beat the 2t sweet aroma:banana:

anyone ever thought of a 2 stroke cologne yet ....i think would sell like hotcakes on here ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคฃ:lol:

When you were very young,....say 3-4 yrs old, and didn't know better, your mother cooked up some chitterlings (chitlins) and collard greens. The house would smell like the inside of a hogs ass! But, you didn't know it because you eventually corrolated the smell to a future hunger eliminating feast. As time went on you began to accept the smell then later love the smell as you had "aquired" the taste for these foods.

When I was young the smell of two-smoke represented the best times I had as a child riding with my dad. Today, I ride a 4-stroke and truely could ride behind a two-smoke all day as long as it was allowing me to inhale the memories!

My kids all ride 2t, there are 5 of them in the garage right now. We just picked up a nice 2002 YZ250. Up until we got that bike I could never understand what everyone bitched about with riding behind a 2t.

This freaking thing spooged and smoked so bad it was unreal. The first time the kids rode it and came back to the truck, I thought it was on fire after he shut it off. The smoke/smell coming off of that thing was so bad, we had to move it away from the truck as I was getting sick. So I am willing to bet that the PO did not run it hard enough to get it hot enough to run properly with the jetting that it has.

I told my son to go wring that bike out just to see what it can do and to clear it up. After about 20 min of riding it hard, it hardly smokes now.

All of my other bikes have absolutely no noticeable smoke coming out of the pipe when they are up to correct temps. We run a mix of VP and pump gas and I absolutely love the smell coming out of the exhaust on those bikes.