CRF250X exhaust on XR650L help

You guys that installed the CRFX muffler, what did you do to modify it to make it fit?

It looks to me like the only way to get it to fit is to saw down the mount on the muffler right after the clamp.

Thanks

You mean that bulb mounting bit..I just ground/sliced it off with a grinder when I stuck the 250X/450X mufflers on my 600's. Sorted out a different mounting/holding idea there and shortened/lengthed the connection between Muffler and Header..Course a 650L is different...Any way is a good way..You could of course do as I did and use a sturdy clamp to hold it at that point (large hose will do with your choice of cushioning to protect pipe and frame) or if you're into perfection you could spot weld another nut onto the pipe. I found the welded nut idea would stick out too much on the 600's as did leaving that bulb thing on thus not allowing me a decent angle for the Muffler. Trouble is finding someone capable of welding whatever that horrible metal is..I tried a couple of mates and neither could handle the stuff..

Edited by Horri