Magura clutch on g450x ?

Any g450x riders try fitting a magura hydraulic clutch? I'm planning on trying my friends off his crf250. The clutch pull is too hard for my riding style. I tend to use the clutch a lot to control engine braking and traction. I have an easy pull lever on my crf and one finger is all it takes. Tried the same lever on the bimmer and it felt ok but clutch dragged and engaged when lever was barely released. I guess there's no way to achieve more power without more lever throw. Hope a hydro clutch will work. Guess I could also try a lever spacer to get more clearance for lever travel with msr pro raptor, hmmm. Going to try that now

Update; I fitted the CRF250 Magura clutch to the G450x and it worked quite well. I had to bend the small tab on the cable stop that holds the curved metal portion of the cable to get the alignment correct. The only issue is the clearance between the exhaust and the slave cylinder. I installed some spacers behind the 2 cable stop mounting bolts and it helped, but I'm still concerned about overheating the fluid in the slave cyl. I think that with some minor tweaking of the bracket and a small indentation in the exhaust as well as header wrap, it shouldnt be a problem.

The Magura setup I used came from my friends 2006 CRF250 and had a 9.0 master cyl. and an E-Rider, EZpull lever. The pull was much lighter than stock with a smooth feel and the clutch disengaged without having to pull the lever too far in.

That being said, I was able to make the MSR ProRaptor lever work also. The first time I tried it I had the set screw in a bit, bringing the lever closer to the bars. This didnt allow enough lever throw to fully disengage the clutch. I adjusted the lever to its full out position and ran it with barely any cable play and it now feels almost as good as the Magura. I rode it Sunday and it was a huge improvement. Even with the 13t front sprocket, 2nd gear is very tall and I was on the clutch all day in the tight singletrack. The stock lever is brutal in these conditions but the ProRaptor is a pretty cheap fix.

If I decide to go with the Magura, I will post a few pics of the neccesary mods.

• 1 year later...

Update; I fitted the CRF250 Magura clutch to the G450x and it worked quite well. I had to bend the small tab on the cable stop that holds the curved metal portion of the cable to get the alignment correct. The only issue is the clearance between the exhaust and the slave cylinder. I installed some spacers behind the 2 cable stop mounting bolts and it helped, but I'm still concerned about overheating the fluid in the slave cyl. I think that with some minor tweaking of the bracket and a small indentation in the exhaust as well as header wrap, it shouldnt be a problem.

The Magura setup I used came from my friends 2006 CRF250 and had a 9.0 master cyl. and an E-Rider, EZpull lever. The pull was much lighter than stock with a smooth feel and the clutch disengaged without having to pull the lever too far in.

That being said, I was able to make the MSR ProRaptor lever work also. The first time I tried it I had the set screw in a bit, bringing the lever closer to the bars. This didnt allow enough lever throw to fully disengage the clutch. I adjusted the lever to its full out position and ran it with barely any cable play and it now feels almost as good as the Magura. I rode it Sunday and it was a huge improvement. Even with the 13t front sprocket, 2nd gear is very tall and I was on the clutch all day in the tight singletrack. The stock lever is brutal in these conditions but the ProRaptor is a pretty cheap fix.

If I decide to go with the Magura, I will post a few pics of the neccesary mods.

What is the model number of the slave cylinder and master cylinder?

I'm looking on the Magura website and they have two different systems for the CRF250R:

http://powersportskatalog.magura.com/hymec-honda-crf250r-20042009-p-0737259.html

and

http://powersportskatalog.magura.com/hymec-honda-crf250r-2004-p-0120499.html

Will either of these work?