CRF Head

cool thanks guys i found one on ebay new and think it would be a wise buy instead of having the rework done on my head and valves.

I did the same. I saw the writing on the wall when my valves wouldn't stay in spec so I picked up a used complete 06' head on ebay for $175. Honda shop quoted me $900 for complete rebuild of my 02' head-no thanks.

yeah so then a 06 head valves stay in spec longer then the 02 head. i dont race and do alot of desert riding. so just wanting to make sure its a good idea to put on my 02.

Thanks guys

Well when a head is clapped out, it's clapped out no matter the year. My head was the 02' stocker with all stock springs, retainers and valves and hundreds of hours on it. Do a search on this Forum for more info but I was told the 06' has better valve seat material and it was recommended by many TTers. I ride the same scenarios, no racing or MX but lots of wide open desert, dunes, single track, hill climbs and general trail duty. You wont be disappointed.?

what exactly is smaller about the exhaust valve?

I did a few quick measurements when I bought the 08 head compared to my 05, and couldnt find any significant difference, maybe I wasnt measuring the right spots though..

diameter of the head or the stem?

I measured the head and am pretty sure it was the same diameter of the 05s exhaust valves.. maybe I just measured something wrong, or it was the intakes that I was measuring ? who knows....