tail light for aftermarket mx fender?

I got one that I bought because it had the brake light wired in,and ended up not useing it because it was a little smaller than stock,and didn't fit the holes already drilled in the stock fender...It's brand new...Paid $25 for it,and will let you have it for $15 includeing shipping if you want it....It's shaped exactly like the stocker,just a little smaller

just curious what every one is using for a tail light for an after market mx fender? has anyone fitted a stock rear fender tail light to a aftermarket fender? is there a universal tail light that will work on most mx fenders? i am not looking for a l.e.d light just a normal light.

Here is a pic of mine, it's a Maier Fender with a Baja Designs LED tail light, really nice piece.

DSC01436.jpg

Here is a pic of mine, it's a Maier Fender with a Baja Designs LED tail light, really nice piece.

DSC01436.jpg

can you guesstimate how much for that unit? i see flush monted led blinkers, baja design led tail light, and l.e.d relay?

i am going to have to work some overtime to make this upgrade happen..but the bike will look so much better

can you guesstimate how much for that unit? i see flush monted led blinkers, baja design led tail light, and l.e.d relay?

i am going to have to work some overtime to make this upgrade happen..but the bike will look so much better

Maier rear fender $75

Baja Designs Taillight $64.99

LED blinkers $30.00

Sheds 10+ years off the look of the bike

just curious what every one is using for a tail light for an after market mx fender? has anyone fitted a stock rear fender tail light to a aftermarket fender? is there a universal tail light that will work on most mx fenders? i am not looking for a l.e.d light just a normal light.

Maier Rear with a DRC Phantom LED (running/stop) light.

(I moved the light up close to the seat, but it can be mounted anywhere... even under the fender if preferred)

P3113982.jpg

P3073921.jpg

Maier Rear with a DRC Phantom LED (running/stop) light.

(I moved the light up close to the seat, but it can be mounted anywhere... even under the fender if preferred)

That looks great, but what did you do for the license plate light? The Baja tail/stop light has the license plate light built in. I just bought a new Polisport MX fender so I can change up the color every once in awhile. I may buy that DRC phantom for that fender:thumbsup:

Edited by Speed955

That looks great, but what did you do for the license plate light? The Baja tail/stop light has the license plate light built in. I just bought a new Polisport MX fender so I can change up the color every once in awhile. I may buy that DRC phantom for that fender:thumbsup:

I just did a search for that tail light and only UK shops came up, did you here in Cali?

Couple things;

I don't ride my bike on the street on a daily basis, or too often. Usually only to get a few miles... from point A, to B. I don't have too many of the "required" items on the bike. One of them, being a plate light. If your law abiding, that's easily cured however with an LED lit bolt, like one of these; http://www.amazon.com/Honda-Black-License-Plate-Lights/dp/B001EUQLZI

I also, have used the BajaD under fender bracket and LED combo... and honestly (as much as I love BajaD, and all they do) it sucks. The LED doesn't last... and you can't see it for crap (specifically in the day). The only reason I liked it was for the plate mount. But as-of-late I've circumvented that with my own design, as seen here; https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=857261

In fact, you'll see what I did here (at one point)... and why; https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3709976&postcount=1

The DRC Phantom was purchased off of Ebay, from a US Seller.

Couple things;

I don't ride my bike on the street on a daily basis, or too often. Usually only to get a few miles... from point A, to B. I don't have too many of the "required" items on the bike. One of them, being a plate light. If your law abiding, that's easily cured however with an LED lit bolt, like one of these; http://www.amazon.com/Honda-Black-License-Plate-Lights/dp/B001EUQLZI

I also, have used the BajaD under fender bracket and LED combo... and honestly (as much as I love BajaD, and all they do) it sucks. The LED doesn't last... and you can't see it for crap (specifically in the day). The only reason I liked it was for the plate mount. But as-of-late I've circumvented that with my own design, as seen here; https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=857261

In fact, you'll see what I did here (at one point)... and why; https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3709976&postcount=1

The DRC Phantom was purchased off of Ebay, from a US Seller.

... and honestly (as much as I love BajaD, and all they do) it sucks. The LED doesn't last... and you can't see it for crap (specifically in the day).

Hey, don't beat around the bush..go ahead and say what's on your mind;)

... and honestly (as much as I love BajaD, and all they do) it sucks. The LED doesn't last... and you can't see it for crap (specifically in the day).

Hey, don't beat around the bush..go ahead and say what's on your mind;)

I have seen posts from guys complaining that they were on their third (BD) LED taillight because they keep failing. FWIW (JUst got one exactly like the BD in my DS kit for the 200, so I'll find out)

I have seen posts from guys complaining that they were on their third (BD) LED taillight because they keep falling. FWIW (JUst got one exactly like the BD in my DS kit for the 200, so I'll find out)

There I fixed it for you:smirk: