Trans fluid amount

Alright gang. 2 questions.

1. How much transmission fluid do I need (re-fill after drain)?

2. For a trail rider like myself, how often should I change it? I hear some change it every other ride. Sounds excessive.

Thanks!

My 2001 takes 800 cc. I change it after every three rides (around 8-10 hrs).

As the clutch plates tend to dirty the oil, it is worthwhile to change it reasonably regularly.

Also I use ATF in my gearbox. I find it improves the gear shifting and does away with clutch bind on cold oil (clonk when starting off).

DJCDRZ, like I said, I use 800 cc. The 2001 also has the amount embossed into the clutch casing just below the level screw. I don't use the level screw as have read on a number of occassions where people have stripped the thread on this screw. I just drain the oil and replace it with 800 cc of new.

800 cc = 0.84 US qt.

DJCDRZ, like I said, I use 800 cc. The 2001 also has the amount embossed into the clutch casing just below the level screw. I don't use the level screw as have read on a number of occassions where people have stripped the thread on this screw. I just drain the oil and replace it with 800 cc of new.

800 cc = 0.84 US qt.

800 cc = 0.84 US qt.

Gotcha. I was thinking you mixed ATF in with the other fluid. You use ATF exclusively. Thanks again for the info!