will a 250x engine "bolt in" to a 250r frame?

The motor should fit without a problem but you will need to run the X wiring loom. Also you will need to run an X clutch cable as it is different from the R or at least it certainly runs a different route to the R due to the electric start.

Also the carbs are different diameters as the X is 2mm smaller giving it more torque.

Why are you interested in putting the X motor in if you don't mind me asking? If it is to make it more trail friendly just put a 13oz Steahly flywheel. You will be very surprised what a difference it makes.

Hope this helps

I have an 05 I really like although most of my riding is on the ice and in the woods - too old to be making those 40 much less 80' jumps plus I'm an expert roadracer - this is supposed to be just cross training.

How do you adapt the r model to woods riding? I've upped the rear sproket to 53 teeth and I'll check out the fly wheel mod. Ideally would like to see a lower first gear, taller 5th gear (where'd my 6st gear go???).

Suggestions welcome!!

The motor should fit without a problem but you will need to run the X wiring loom. Also you will need to run an X clutch cable as it is different from the R or at least it certainly runs a different route to the R due to the electric start.

Also the carbs are different diameters as the X is 2mm smaller giving it more torque.

Why are you interested in putting the X motor in if you don't mind me asking? If it is to make it more trail friendly just put a 13oz Steahly flywheel. You will be very surprised what a difference it makes.

Hope this helps

magic button! lol

You will need the items listed above.Yes the motor will fit without any mods to the frame other than a simple mount for the rectifier. You will also need to determine a location for the battery. The easy way would be to use a subframe from an X model. Problem is then you will also need the airbox from the X. At that point you will also need the left side panel from the X. The X subframe will also require a seat from the X. Is it worth all of these changes when you could just sell your R and buy an X?