200hrs rebuild

I've got a 07 thats done 180hrs. I last changed the piston and cam chain at 120hrs. I just use the bike for weekend woods riding and the odd hare scramble, and I change filters, oil, air filters almost too much.

As far as I know other than piston and cam chain all the engine is original, but I've put some money aside to pop a new Piston in it. I'm wondering what you guys would recommend doing at the same time as it will nearly be at 200hrs???

at 200 hours i would be looking at a con rod and main bearings, cam chain and seals as well.

Was thinking the same only might skip the cam chain as only 80hrs old. I can get the complete bottom end pretty cheap, but not as cheap as the con rod kit. Is it worth spending the extra $$$?

sorry if i missed it but whats your bike

if its a kx 250f or yz 250f etc

you should always replace the cam chain at rebuilds, do a leak down test and see if the valves are leaking, if not, all i'd do is chuck in new piston and rings, hone the cylinder and ride on

sorry if i missed it but whats your bike

if its a kx 250f or yz 250f etc

you should always replace the cam chain at rebuilds, do a leak down test and see if the valves are leaking, if not, all i'd do is chuck in new piston and rings, hone the cylinder and ride on

07 KX250F.

My local dealer told me last time I was in that cam chains are good for 150-200hrs (woods riding).

Would you not do the bottom end??