Prevent Bent forks in transit tip ..

I learnt this from my solo speedway bike and long track slider but i practice the method on all bikes now.

When you put your bike in transit, tie it in backwards.

If you have to stop your car, ute, truck in a big rush (lock up) or even in a minor bingle you can bend the forks if the bike is in forwards.

The back wheel is designed more so to take inward force from acceleration, where as the forks are not designed for barging or front impact.

I used to do big miles, about 40,000 per year and being on the road that often you are at high risk.

I hit a 120kg (265 pound) kangaroo in mid flight of bounce towards me once, wrecked the car and could have killed me but most of all the bikes were safe.

Happy riding and please protect our environment, its all we have.­čĹŹ

I could see that being an issue on a speedway bike with the lightweight fork, but I doubt you have to worry about it with an modern off-road bike and their beefy 40+mm USD forks. I know I've hit stuff on my bike that have bent wheels and darn near broken my wrists and my forks are still OK (think hidden tree stump in 3rd gear tapped out).

I could see that being an issue on a speedway bike with the lightweight fork, but I doubt you have to worry about it with an modern off-road bike and their beefy 40+mm USD forks. I know I've hit stuff on my bike that have bent wheels and darn near broken my wrists and my forks are still OK (think hidden tree stump in 3rd gear tapped out).

I agree! If you hit something hard enough to bend the forks on a modern off-road bike while it's in the truck or trailer you've got a lot more to worry about then that bike.