Timing curve on 530 excr

There was a post yesterday and it talked about the 2 timing curves. I understand you unplug a wire near the coil or plug it back in to change it. What is the difference in the two curves. Which curve is which and what colour is the wire. Thanks

Connector is on left of the bike, about 6" back from the ECM (just in front of the tank/frame)....believe grey/black wire and white 1" connector....

Connected is stock, full power....disconncted is mellow/poor traction mode.....some notice the difference, some do not...think it depends upon how well the bike is jetted...you can also buy a handlebar switch...but id recommend doing a manual disconnect and determining if you can tell the diff before buying a switch.

it is a minor difference. it changes the ignition curve to soften the power a bit. i can accomplish the same effect bt using throttle control and clutching in the slipperry stuff so i prefer the high curve setting all of the time.

my guess is PART of the reason for this wire is to help pass emmissions standaerd for green sticker and street plating bikes but i dont know for sure