Sign in to follow this  

spoke torque wrench?

What's the best deal for your money on torque wrenches. I think I am going to buy one, feels like I am always guessing tightening my spokes. A wrench did not come with the bike! 09 450 sfx

It can´t be either since the spoke nipples are 6.8 mm. 4 or 5 m is between 13 and 16 feet. That would be one helluva spoke wrench !👍

I think the manual (although i don´t know which man. that is since mine doesn´t have any such statement) means 4-5 Nm´s. That´s the tightening torque.

Yep thats one huge nipple!!! The manual gives you M4.5 and M5 meaning metric thread size. The wrench size is 6.8 with a tightening torque of 5Nm (3.7lbf ft).

haha you guys on the meteric system, after posting that I think they mean thread size.

looks like the G-force will work, thanks. need to keep up on those spokes, I have not toched them and seemed to be off.

thanks for the help

Ok, I just got my g-force wrench.* Now I am not sure I am using it correct. Need some advice.*

Is this wrench for everyday spoke adjustment? My spokes do not seem very uniform or turning evenly.

On a 450 sxf 09, manual say 3.7lbs or 5 Nm.* The g-force reads in/lbs.* Is that 3.7 x 12 = 44.4 in/lbs.* If I set my g-force to 44.4 on the scale my spoke are much tighter?

I did not want to use this wrench w/o checking with you more experienced tuners.* I thought this tool would be the cat meow for spoke adjusting.

On a 450 sxf 09, manual say 3.7lbs or 5 Nm.* The g-force reads in/lbs.* Is that 3.7 x 12 = 44.4 in/lbs.*

Correct:thumbsup:

ok, am I reading the scale correct? Not sure I am reading the scale right and my spokes are much tighter then where I think it reads 44-45 inch lbs. I do not like how the g-force reads. I have a sk and matco torque wrenches and do not have a hard time reading the scale on them. My spokes seem to be all tighter then where I feel 44 inch/lbs is. I noticed quite a variation in sounds so I wanted to check them before I screw up the rim or spokes.

Can you post images to this forum? I never seen a upload link? I could take a picture of the wrench setting and post it on here.