Handlebars and position

There are many ways that you can go about this....and you will get many opinions (raise bars, Pastrana bars, lower footpegs, etc, etc. I had the same problem with my 250X and decided to raise my stock bars to see if it made a difference. I'm 6'2" for comparison...I'm not sure how tall you are.

Anyway, I bought the Pit Posse adjustable bar riser kit which allows you to raise the bars increments from 3/4" to 1 1/2". I went with the 3/4" and it has been great. I honestly don't even think about it anymore because I have zero back pain now from bending over. At 1 1/2", the cables seem to get a little tight so be careful about that.

http://pitposse.com/ourabiunbarr.html

Bar risers are the good cheap option that will probably give you exactly what you want. I'm 6'4" and I went with ones that raised the bars 1.5" and moved them forward 1.4". It was a HUGE improvement. I'm running stock bars, and have no problems with the stock cables with this setup.

there was some guy here on TT that had some where if you add height to the bars, it moves the bars forward. they sound like a good idea, because "if you get taller, you tend to push forward on the bars" thats what the guy said, or something along those lines. i hope he reads this thread and chimes in to help you out.

I'm 6'2"+ and went with a 1.5" moose riser and pro taper cr-high bars. In hindsight I would have liked to move the bars forward as well but this set up just went taller. cables are tight, I ended up mounting my throttle housing upside down. also went with lower/wider pegs (fastway) and the longer hammerhead shifter so I can get my boot in there easier.

love the set up now, not doing the hunched over riding like in the beginning. if I do anything else I might add a taller seat.

Brett you're not the frederickson from no-cal/danville are you?

+1 on the pitposse risers. there are plenty of other nice risers out there such as the rox risers. but they're not adjustable and are a fair bit more coin than the more universal ones. i suggest you get the piposse or similar risers and try to find a good height then you can buy a "nicer" set that is exactly what you want.

it may sound dumb but...have you tried going faster? i only ask because i notice that when going slower i assume a more upright position and need the extra height but when i start pushing myself more then my ass goes a little further back and my chin goes more over the bars/front tire thus negating the need for more bar height. idk, just a thought. i normally run about an extra 3/4" of rise and i'm 6'2". for what it's worth.

there are plenty of other nice risers out there such as the rox risers. but they're not adjustable and are a fair bit more coin than the more universal ones. i suggest you get the piposse or similar risers and try to find a good height then you can buy a "nicer" set that is exactly what you want.

That was my thought exactly because really you have no idea what height will be comfortable for you. ?

I made a set of 1" bar risers, and would like a bit more. The cable clearance was still good. Being 6'2" my knees were to high on the tank for a good standing position.

I purchased the IMS lowered pegs. The brackets were poorly formed and the mounting surface was not even close to being flat. The bolt holes were undersized and the bolt head would not sit flat until inside was machined. All in all they needed a great amount of rework to be usable. When pegs fold, they hit the mounting bolt restricting their travel. Pegs are very nice but not too different than stock in feel.