What air filter do you guys like?

I have an 09 YZ250F, i was just using the Yamaha air filter for a while. Then i ordered 2 of the No Toil pre oiled air filter. They just seemed like when they came they were way to dry i was nervous they arent stopping enough dirt, and they seemed to small. Where the filter meet the bike just didnt seem like a good fit. I put grease where the filter meets the bike but i still didnt like how it fit. I considering ordering a Uni filter or something, but i just wanted to get your opinions on what you think is teh best filter. I do mainly Motocross, and trails, planning on trying to do some harescrambles this year to.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so it looks like you guys are fans of twin airs. i like the oem one but it can get aftermarket ones faster and cheaper. so i guess i may try twin air. i didnt mind the no toil i just really didnt like how it sealed to the bike. and there is no way in hell i will use k and N. No offense but those filters are not designed for off road use in my opinion unless you dont mind rebuilding your engine. they flow more air but more dirt to.

K&N, got them in everything from my RV to my wife's TT-R.

2-stroke or 4. Get a filter skin too. That way after a really messy ride, you can pull the skin and be good for the next day's messy ride. More beer time between rides.

Twinair all the way. Bro your learning the hard way K&N sucks. Even if you use a prefilter screen with the K&N Your damaging your engine. K&N filters let micro particles get through to your cylinders, bearings and rings. next time you have your head off look at the scuff marks on your cylinder walls I guarintee you have damage.