Exhaust Question

Was riding the ol 650L and heard some rattling from the exhaust. I've got a white brothers e-series so I took off the discs and immediately saw the problem. There was zero packing and the inner tube had broken loose and was rattling around. I looked around on the internet and can't find the tube but my main question - is it absolutely necessary to have the packing and tubing? Doesn't that just serve as a sound dampener? If it doesn't hurt anything then I'm just going to remove the tube and roll with it.

Thanks,

Tyler

My e series is the same and now empty. It's also loud. Doen't have much effect on power. There are places to get perforated exhaust tubing to replace it. I haven't looked and can't recommend any though.

OK you convinced me, leaving her gutted. Thanks man:ride:

Might change his mind when he hears all the racket. Not too bad with 10 discs or less.

You should of heard that tube rattling around. Sounded like a golf ball in a 5 gallon bucket except distinctly louder. There's 10 discs in it right now and I can't imagine it getting any louder. Might cut it back to 9 or 8. We'll see.