Dallas/ Fort Worth Mechanic?

IMO piston + valves are so simple it doesnt even have to be a "good" mechanic... just to let you know, almost any bike shop is more than capable of doing those. just something to consider... you dont need to find the best mechanic in the state just for valves and piston check. hell, with a manual, the proper tools, and TT, im sure you could easily do it yourself!

IMO piston + valves are so simple it doesnt even have to be a "good" mechanic... just to let you know, almost any bike shop is more than capable of doing those. just something to consider... you dont need to find the best mechanic in the state just for valves and piston check. hell, with a manual, the proper tools, and TT, im sure you could easily do it yourself!

IMO If your going to spend 8k+ on todays bikes you need to become both familliar and comfortable with doing these general maintenance rotines. Thumpers are more costly because owners lack the confidence and ability to maintain them without paying a mechanic. If you have machanical mindset you can learn, with a book its easy.

These are all great comments! Thanks! I agree that anyone who rides these bikes should be able to work on them and understand them. My father bought me a bike when I was 10 years old not so he could watch me ride or spend money on medical bills but to teach me some responsibility and mechanical competence. I grew up doing all the work including changing top ends and clutches on 125s and 250s at that age. I have ordered a manual for this bike and intend on looking into doing it myself but I guess I'm second guessing myself the more I read into these big 4 strokers. May help me sleep at night knowing a professional looked at it until I get some wrench time in on these things. Thanks guys!

These are all great comments! Thanks! I agree that anyone who rides these bikes should be able to work on them and understand them. My father bought me a bike when I was 10 years old not so he could watch me ride or spend money on medical bills but to teach me some responsibility and mechanical competence. I grew up doing all the work including changing top ends and clutches on 125s and 250s at that age. I have ordered a manual for this bike and intend on looking into doing it myself but I guess I'm second guessing myself the more I read into these big 4 strokers. May help me sleep at night knowing a professional looked at it until I get some wrench time in on these things. Thanks guys!

There is nothing to them they are very similar to 2t's. They just have more moving parts.