Cam Chain spec

Anyone know what the max is? We did a new piston & have had our timing jump the cams twice now, each time about 4-8 hours of running time apart. ***??? 👍

We just pulled the chain, guides look good but the chain had some wiggle and I think the tensioner may have been fully extended. Hard to say.

Anyway, I don't see a max length and I will replace the tensioner too & compare all of it but just to feel better about it I'd like to measure it. Thanks.

You measure a chain for stretch from center on one pin to the next. You can get a much better picture of it but measuring the largest sample possible. (as many links as you can while keeping them straight) Each chain size has a specific pitch, like the 520 is .625" from center to center. A 420 is .5". I just completed my rebuild including the timing chain but did not look to see what pitch it is. So I don't know what size chain they are using but the guys at RK I'm sure would be willing to tell you or you could do the math yourself on a cam sprocket or measure one link and I'm sure it will be close enough for you to tell what pitch it is than you can use the correct pitch and measure say... 20 links, subtract 20 X .5 (if it is a 420) from the measurement you reached over the 20 links then that number equals the amount the chain is worn.