Sign in to follow this  

175 main jet broke for 2010 450 exc

my 175 main jet broke while i was cleaning the carberator and i was wondering if i should just get a new 175 main jet or could i use a 180 or 172, is there a big difference? im running the carb with a 48 idol jet and the needle at the 5th clip position from the top, its the jd jet kit for 2010 450 exc.. i live close to sea level with moderate to high humidty in the summer. any help would be appreciated thanks... also the emissions hoses have been removed and also the restrictor from the exhaust has been removed.

If it ran right with a 175, then replace it with another 175.

BTW, how did you manage to break a jet while cleaning your carb? And how did your carb get so dirty that you already have to clean it on a brand new bike? Just curious. 👍

BTW, how did you manage to break a jet while cleaning your carb? And how did your carb get so dirty that you already have to clean it on a brand new bike? Just curious. 👍

ya................ both seem imposable

i had takin the jet out, and when i was putting the jet back in as i snugged it back up the threads broke right off, wierd thing was it wasnt even cross threaded so im not to sure how it broke.. and i clean my bike alot ive had it since september of 09 so i thought it would be good to clean before the riding season started......

How did you get the threads that were stuck in the bottom of the carb out? EZ out? Seems like a PITA to get out as we are talking a very small "bolt" jet.

it was alot easier then i thought it was going to be.. kinda got lucky i guess, i just grabbed and thin punch and poked in the hole of the main jet till it snugged up and it just twisted right out... like i said too lucky.. good thing the threads werent crossed or else it would of ben alot worse.