Sign in to follow this  

Carb slide sticking..

I'm in the process of getting my bike back to good condition. It was parked for over a year and a half. Got the jets cleaned out and everything looking like it used to when i rode every week..🤣 My throttle now seems to be sticking. Check the tube on my hand guards, good clearance. Cables are lubed and free..Disconnected the cables from carb wheel, still sticking..i can twist the wheel by hand and watch the slide come up. At almost full throttle i can let go and it sticks there.. My question is, do you use a lube on the carb slide ? This has never been an issue till now. I'm assume its due to my neglect of letting it sit so long unused. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated..👍

Did you remove the slide from the carb. when you cleaned it?

If so, the vacuum release plate can be installed upside down. The 1/4" hole should be at the bottom when looking in from the cylinder side. I don't know if this would cause it to stick though. It will make it run like crap.

You need to remove the carb. and see if you can tell whats making it hang. May just needs some lube on the throttle cam axle.

No i never removed the slide. What kind of lube should i use.?👍

Any light oil or motor oil should work.

first i would say take the carb pull out the slide and thouroghly clean the slide and the rollers on the side of the slide. get it nice and shiny with carb cleaner and a clean cloth, then lube it up with any kind of oil, i like marvel mystery oil or 2stroke oil or even trans fluid because they lube and clean a bit.

make sure there are no burrs or edges anywhere, reassemble and before you install it back in the bike mke sure it works correctly then install and ride

What bike? THe MXC in your signature? It has the slide running on roller bearings so you have something very very wrong! First guess would be that its in the cable. so, if the cables are disconected and you turn the spool on the side of the carb, does it snap shut? If so problem is in the twist grip or cables

I'll try cleaning really good and some oil. I'm not thinking its anything to major because everything on the bike worked flawlessly before it was parked. I may also look closer at the exterior of the carb behind the wheel. My slide is on bearings, my cables are fine and disconnected, the bike im talking about is the one in my signature. Thanks for the help guys, i really appreciate it.

it could be you are just out of adjustment on your throttle stop and your cable wheel or cam is sticking....you can even use some wd 40 which has a solvent base to it so helps to clean as it lubes...it doesnt last but just to get it to stop sticking, it might help.

im still guesssing throttle stop