pod filter benerfit or not

Fitted a pod filter to my 440 as couldnt hook up the original intake boots too new carb , it now has to be changed again due to air leak caused by broken rubber ๐Ÿ‘ ,had it bolted straight onto the rear of carb .

question)

Is their any real benefit to using such an air filter without any induction tubing, or would there be benefit from fitting an induction pipe between the pod filter and carb , im already thinking it would be easier to cut a piece off the end of a silicone tube as opposed to buying a new filter every time its rubber starts to break up but wonder if it will alter the fueling characteristics , and how would it affect the situation with a short piece of induction tubing say 70mm compared to a longer piece say 700mm thanks to anyone who can help

On most bikes they run a lot better with a stack. Some bikes are a nightmare to tune without stacks, but then again some bikes will run fine without stacks..

but what rubber are you talking about breaking up? Filter rubber? engine to Carb rubber? The rubber shouldn't be breaking up on anything quick.. Maybe on the fitler after a few years of abuse

what bike is this?

its the dr 350/441 conversion with the 39mmfcr Eddie and its the filter rubber that has broken up Towlieee this has happened due to the amount of times ive had the filter off whilst re-jetting ๐Ÿ‘ as for jetting troubles seems im just starting to experience the probs with the pilot circuit

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799499&p=9259605#post9259605

I was thinking if i fitted a flexible silicone tube approx 500mm long between the carb and pod that i could locate the pod in the original air box but not sure how this would affect jetting ???

I'm not 100% sure what you would need for your bike

I just know on my inline 4 fzr600 sport bike, very few people ever get them to run right with pod filters, without installing a 2-3" stack between the pod and carb

Once people install a 2-3" stack, they say it's as easy as rejetting for an exhaust. But without the stack, it's almost impossible to get the jetting spot on ๐Ÿ‘

deffo food for thought then , I cant seem to find a suitable hose to connect the pod to the carb with, will have to visit a local dismantler and rob some old Rad pipe or similar and give it a try, could maybe explain why im having so much trouble trying to dial in my pilot circuit have gone down from a #48-#42 bear in mind though i discovered my fuel screw O ring was missing whilst using the #48 which i have replaced with a new one, now switched to #40 still the bike idles with the screw all the way in but behaves very strangely with a 4500 rpm hanging idle , i have to turn the fuel screw out 2 and a half turns before the hanging idle disappears? think its time to pull the pilot air jet , from what i gather with the pilot air removed the bike should hopefully respond better to the fuel screw ? have a #38 on stand by, also I have lowered the needle one clip and fitted the O ring mod on the ap cam, oh how much fun it is buying new jets all the time ๐Ÿ‘