Sign in to follow this  

Moose spokes Please Help!

Bike 1994 CR250R

I just received my order from TT store. I ordered moose rims F&R and spoke kits F&R. The rear wheel ans spokes are fine. The front rim is fine, but the front spokes seem too long. I can tighten them all the way and can still slide them up and down about an 1/8 of an inch. Has anybody had this problem with these spokes before?

How many spokes did you get in your set? A 94 CR should be a 32 spoke wheel. If you got 36 spokes (like some 500's) the spokes will be slightly longer for the same diameter rim.

I can just about guarantee that you just have them in the wrong holes on the rim in relation to the hub. Try going to the holes that are "further away", if you know what I mean. I did that once. Freaked me out. Then I realized my mistake. It looks fine (except they appear way too long), until you realize the mistake.

That doesn't make sense, Honda has always run a 32 hole wheel with the exception of the 500's and a few of the 87 250's (I've got one of those and that played hell on me while trying to get spokes). The 36 hole rims have 3 holes drilled in them. One for the valve stem, and two for rim locks. The 32 hole wheels only have 1 rim lock. Other than that, rears wheel run a 2-cross pattern and fronts are a 3-cross. Did you get the cross pattern right? The rear wheels use 2 different sized spokes (short spokes are on the sprocket side). Later wheels used 3 different lengths. Is it possible that you got Moose spokes for a Moose hub in a Moose rim instead of Moose spokes for a whatever rim on a Honda hub?

Your rear wheel spokes should be 210mm and 207mm with 32 spokes. It appears as if your front has 36 spokes but I can't tell you want the length of the spokes should be.

I emailed the TT store and apparently i got spokes for a 95-08 CR. I guess they changed the hub from 94 to 95. THey mounted up fine and I had the correct pattern they were just too long. Im going to try to return them and find some more spokes.

Thanks for the Help!

Okay guys I talked to my local Honda Dealer and they said the 94 spokes are different than the 95-08 spokes. The 94 spokes have a different bend on the rotor side of the wheel. Now I've searched many sites and cannot find any aftermarket spokes for a 94. Does anybody know where to get a set besides OEM?

Thanks

Okay guys I talked to my local Honda Dealer and they said the 94 spokes are different than the 95-08 spokes. The 94 spokes have a different bend on the rotor side of the wheel. Now I've searched many sites and cannot find any aftermarket spokes for a 94. Does anybody know where to get a set besides OEM?

Thanks

Buchanon (spelling?) Spokes. Do a search. They really know spokes and will hook you up.

You can get an OEM set of spokes for around $130 a wheel. Buchannan will make a set of spokes in stainless for whatever you ride for less than $100 a wheel. While OEM spokes are not stainless, they are the lightest as they are the only butted spoke (they run different diameters along the length of spoke depending on the stresses seen in that area of the spoke).