Soreness

I don't know if this is the right place? But I hope so. :👍

If this matters, I am 5'7ish and 135ish pounds. I'm 14. So, Sunday, I got on a dirtbike for the first time in 2 years. The last time I rode was on a Suzuki RM65. Well, Sunday, I was on my new 2006 Honda Crf250r. I started slow, did about 5 laps on the ground completely without having to use the brakes at all. Then I started kicking it up a notch. I rode for 3 1/2 hours pretty hard. Not as hard as I could, but getting close, I was very fast for my first time in 2 years, being only 14. I woke up yesterday morning stiff as a board, and very VERY sore 🙂. What is the best way to prevent this from happening? If you can't prevent it, how do you minimize it?

That CRF 250 is a lot more to hang on to then I'm used to lol🤣

I'm 38 and in fantastic shape but it didn't matter. The first time I rode my 250r at a track for more than two hours I could barely walk for the next 3 days. Totally gimped. Kidneys/quads/shoulders/back... all shot. Felt like I had been in a car accident.

Time in the saddle is what works. Each time you go you'll be a little less sore. Just stick with it and don't overdo it. I haven't found anything that works better than actually riding...

I'm a big fan of drinking Endurox after a ride to help recovery. (I got into using Endurox when I started training on my road bicycle.)

First time I rode a dirt bike I was sore for four days, second time I rode I was sore for about two days, now I'm just a little tired the day after...

Edited by Dougster
Clarified what i was riding when I got sore...

Hey Bro, the same thing happened to me 2weeks ago. My 1st time back on a track in 20 yrs, am 40 now, and trying to keep up with a "no fear"15yo son is tough! I was sore for many days, I thought I was just to dam old, even thought about selling the bike. But I had a chat with a pro rider only 30 and he said it happens to him as well after winter hibernation, get that 1st burn of the season. He told me in order to mellow the pain to a minimum, to work your self at least once a week when not riding doing squats sets and basic pushups and stretch well before riding. Legs especially. And that will help keep your muscles in riding form.

You're working muscles your body forgot about 2 years ago 👍

If you can, get back in the grove and ride as much as possible. I ride damn near daily unless it's raining on at least one of my bikes (street or dirt), helps keep me in shape and avoid getting strained when I ride all day on a weekend🤣

Yep, I experienced the same thing. My first time on a dirt bike was about 2 weeks ago. I rode for about 2 - 2 1/2 hours with occasional 5-10 minute breaks. I felt fine when we were done. A few hours later my upper arms were starting to ache. The next morning my biceps, triceps, hamstrings, quads, and neck were all killing me. Took about 3 days for it to go away.

Going again this weekend. I'm gonna try the stretching after done riding thing, see if it helps. Guess I just need more seat time.