Sign in to follow this  

RBRMX dot COM - two thumbs up!

Well...

I've been promoting RBRMX (RBRMX dot COM) products for a long time. They offer a great product for our bikes, specifically wheel spacers like nobody else offers that have a protective collar that covers the dust seal of your wheel bearing. RBRMX is always thinking... they've come out with another cool little addition. The head bearing seal, or dust cover.

Besides completely spanning over the frame, and even coming down a bit to cover like a skirt, it comes with an alum stem nut. A pretty neat idea, and often they make me wish I had a lathe... or even a CNC.

I have it installed, with a GPR V4 stabilizer, DH1 upper triple clamp and 3.2G IMS tank

Here's some pics of the bearing/seal cover on the 450X (with a couple wheel spacer shots & Axle blocks too);

P3224103.jpg

P3224099.jpg

P3224104.jpg

P9181680.jpg

P9181671.jpg

For the heck of it, here's a couple pictures on my XR400 (also with DH1 triple and GPR V1 stabilizer)

(don't mind the horrible and not needed grind I first did on the dipstick grey colored plastic. Once I notched the RBRMX cover... no longer did I need a ground down dipstick 👍)

P3204057.jpg

P3204058.jpg

P3204060.jpg

I still can't get over how nice that 400 turned out. I now covet your 400 and Cubera's 300. You guys better keep those things locked down 👍

I still can't get over how nice that 400 turned out. I now covet your 400 and Cubera's 300. You guys better keep those things locked down 🙂

🤣 ..... wait until you swing a leg over it.👍 (This is just icing on the cake; Purrs like a kitten, takes big hits, gets incredible gas mileage, low maintenance, less rear tire and chain/sprocket wear, less risk of radiator damage:smirk:, nice tall comfy seat, 250W stator can power whatever you want, ...shall I go on?!)

Has anyone had trouble with the RBR MX rear spacers for the 250x? With them installed, the wheel won't slide into place. It is a couple mm too wide. The bearings are pressed in as far as they can go.

I was looking for the RBRMX website and somehow end-up in Japan... 

Does anyone know if these cats are still making bearing covers, or if not RBR, who might make them ?  

I tried to find these exact parts (the wheel spacer/oring style dust seals) a few years ago. Didnt have any luck. We ended up having a local machine shop make up some for my buddies and my bikes. Was it Pivot Works who used to sell them but not anymore? Someone on here will know.