Sign in to follow this  

BritishColumbia Does anyone know about Greenstone camping?

Does anyone know about whether or not the provincial site is accessible before May? We usually camp at 8km or the next spot up but were thinking about staying up at the lake this year. We're going up April 24th. Thanks.

drove up there today and didn't make it to the lake due to trees across the road,also if i wasnt in my 4x4 with studded tires it would of been very hard even getting to that point.the bottom 2 pits are all clear of snow but still muddy.7 km pit has still got snow on half of it.

Wow, so conditions will be a little sloppy still at the end of April by the sounds of it. Maybe we need to postpone untill end of May. What do you think?

u should be good by the end of april i would think,as long as we dont get a cold snap with some snow..

Sooooo? Don't bother trying to ride up there until May at the earliest or don't bother trying to get to the camp until May?

Is Kim still involved with Steed?

I'm guessing early May for most of the riding in and around the Duffy Greenstone area to be rideable, maybe mid to late May for camping up at Duffy. I could be totally wrong but that's my guess.

Kim is still the head honcho.