Sign in to follow this  

Trouble with Trail Tech Endurance on an '02 WR250F

I purchased a Trail Tech Endurance last week for my 2002 WR250F and followed all the install instructions to the letter, everything went on with no problems. When it came time to enter in the wheel size I tried the basic measure the diameter of the wheel method and the unit's speed jumps in big increments when accelerating and says I'm going 40mph riding at normal rpm's in second gear. It also said that riding just about two blocks around my neighborhood was over a mile. I went back and tried some of the other wheel measurement methods and still have the same results. Any ideas?

You need to contact Trail Tech, they are very helpful. I just transferred my Endurance off of my KDX220 to my 05 WR450, and they sent me the rotor bolt button free including freight. If I decide to keep the KDX I'm going to get another one for it.

You have probably solved this problem already, but just in case you haven't, I would check your sensor positioning. You may be getting multiple closings of the sensor for every magnet pass instead of the needed single closure.

Thanks for the help everyone. I took a trip to Moab over the weekend and tried different wheel sizes with no change. The sensor position and multiple closings issue does sound interesting though, I'll have to look into that and if not call Trail Tech I guess.