Dirt Jump Spec's and Dimensions

My friends and I have been getting into jumping more and more, and we want to build our own track since we have several acres of land we got permission to do what ever the hell we want on. Right now it will just be three of us building ramps by hand, good old manual labor.

What I need from you all is specifications and dimensions for more of the common jumps like a double and a table top. Table top by far is my favorite so far, from the few I have hit in my day.

We all have some power behind our bikes... I am on a 2002 VOR 450 EN-E, other is a 2004 KLX200 and a 2007 DRZ400. However, when it comes to jumping, we are all beginners.... So no hundred footers🤣

Any help with anything jump related would be awesome, like take off angles and all that stuff Thanks! 👍

BBDirtbiking

I don't think there will be much you can build by hand that won't resemble a small set of jumps on a bmx track(which would be little more similar to whoop sized bumps to a motorcycle). Especially won't be building a table top by hand.

If you are going to build jumps for full size bikes, I would really consider finding a way to get at least a bobcat to move some dirt around. It would probably be time to put the bikes away for the winter before you could build anything with shovels worth riding around on. Equipment rentals aren't too bad. You could rent something for the day and get something started that will be good for your skill level and bikes.

As far as dimensions.....Sorry, I can't help there. On my home tracks, we always just mounded dirt and did test runs to see where we landed, and made more jumps to correlate. Someone will know more on this aspect and help you out.....good luck! 👍

Generally, I build ramps with the transition about 2.5x longer than the total height. Start small, focus on making smooth trasitions, and youll quickly learn whats right and wrong.

Also, I used to hand muck bmx jumps and it flat sucked. Id give you about 3 days before you give up and rent a bobcat.

Generally, I build ramps with the transition about 2.5x longer than the total height. Start small, focus on making smooth trasitions, and youll quickly learn whats right and wrong.

Also, I used to hand muck bmx jumps and it flat sucked. Id give you about 3 days before you give up and rent a bobcat.

I agree.

I don't think there will be much you can build by hand that won't resemble a small set of jumps on a bmx track(which would be little more similar to whoop sized bumps to a motorcycle). Especially won't be building a table top by hand.

If you are going to build jumps for full size bikes, I would really consider finding a way to get at least a bobcat to move some dirt around. It would probably be time to put the bikes away for the winter before you could build anything with shovels worth riding around on. Equipment rentals aren't too bad. You could rent something for the day and get something started that will be good for your skill level and bikes.

As far as dimensions.....Sorry, I can't help there. On my home tracks, we always just mounded dirt and did test runs to see where we landed, and made more jumps to correlate. Someone will know more on this aspect and help you out.....good luck! 👍

Yah, by hand is going to suck, I already know it. I have a friend who's parents own a heavy machinery rental business that I might ask for a favor, since he will be riding on the track a lot... the one with the DRZ400. I have another pal with a bob cat sitting beside his shop... Just gotta do some convincing, get him drunk first? Should make it easier...🤣

Yah, I am wanting a 25' Table Top, I am thinking I will start off with a 30 degree transition so it would be 8' long and to a height of 4'... from there it would be easy to change it up with some flat headed shovels. Just moving enough dirt to make a 25' table top is going to be a fun time... Lol.