Sign in to follow this  

400s rear sprocket help

I've done google searching and am not finding what I'm after.

I removed my rear wheel to install a new tire. Saw that most of my teeth on the rear sprocket are missing and the thing is really worn. Also noticed one of the bearings are a bit worn and just not smooth.

So What I'm looking for are suggestions on sprocket manufacturers, and the plus minus and opinions of you guys about what they are made from. I do darn near 100% street. My gear is a jt 50 tooth. So first thing is I want to go down to 43-44. My rear tire I'll be running on the road Is a 120-80-18. Looks a bit smaller then the knobbies that came with the bike.

I'd like to buy a few different gears to play with and a new chain. front gear is 15t and in very good shape.

I'd appreciate any suggestions or help.

15/44 is stock S gearing. Works fine on the street. 110 pin chain. Buy steel. JT is good. Tusk (Rocky Mountain) is cheap and not too bad

I found steel jt's browsing the tt store. Just made an order the other day and Hopefully it hasnt shipped. Didnt get that email yet. I am still browsing chains. What do you guys use?

yeah my rear is aluminum. Plus my chain guide broke from wear. the chain is worn on the outside because of it. I bought it like that. Damn!! the things I over looked that could possibly made it cheaper. oh well.

I'm going to call them today and hopefully add the chain and rear sprocket to the order. Sure hope my gf doesnt find out. Drz's are addictive and expensive.