Wiseco or JE piston

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have ask this not to long ago. I have used them in a 250F with no problems at all. Anyway, others said they were noisey. I never noticed it. How the heck can a piston make alot of noise.

My other sons YZ 85 I did his 1st T/E a month a go. Used a Wiesco. After breakin and he his riding hard , I am like dam that is loud, whats that different noise.

Have u ever experienced their pistons cracking yourself?

Yea. 1 in my 09 KXF, 2 in my 07 KXF, some in my Yamahas, and 1 in my 06 RMZ.

Finally stopped running those POS things.

I have heard some good things about CP. A friend of mine uses them, they cut the domes and valve reliefs to his specs. I dont remember hearing of a failure do to quality, however he has burned them up. (yes he is very hard on his stuff) I have been using wisecos since about 1985. Never had a problem. We run them in all our quads and bikes, 2 and 4 stroke.

what make are the oem piston's ?

what exactly do you mean by "make"? 👍

your bike's company makes them... for whatever bike you have.

now i dont have the resources to tell you whether the actual company makes them or if they hire another large metal working company to make them...

but long story short: they are the factories' replacement parts.

Yea. 1 in my 09 KXF, 2 in my 07 KXF, some in my Yamahas, and 1 in my 06 RMZ.

Finally stopped running those POS things.

I've always had great luck with Wiseco. They make very high quality parts. Their's are skirt coated too.
I have been using wisecos since about 1985. Never had a problem. We run them in all our quads and bikes, 2 and 4 stroke.

Hmmmmm, not sure what to think now.

i got 2 saying they're good, and 1 saying they crack.

guess ill have to find out for myself

what exactly do you mean by "make"? 👍

your bike's company makes them... for whatever bike you have.

now i dont have the resources to tell you whether the actual company makes them or if they hire another large metal working company to make them...

but long story short: they are the factories' replacement parts.

make as in who makes the piston kawasaki or someone else

i no a lot of jap bikes come with Prox pistons in is that what there are

ktm use vertex piston's and you pay more and its only in a orange box i was only after who makes the pistons because over her it is a lot cheaper to go buy the pistons from the people that make them and not pay more for the same piston (oem) and it only comes in a different box from a dealer

Hmmmmm, not sure what to think now.

i got 2 saying they're good, and 1 saying they crack.

guess ill have to find out for myself

FYI they break like clock work right around 20 hours. They're fine up until then but past that and you're running on borrowed time. OEM is the way to go.