Sign in to follow this  

Vibration through pegs..New to husqvarna

hi guys I live in perth western austarlia and am new to HUSQVARNA"S

I just bought a 2nd hand TE450 with only 500klm's on the clock.

Anyhow I tyook it for a ride today and noticed the vibration coming through the footpegs as soon as i took off.

Is this NORMAL for huskies??

My old KTM had no vibration through the pegs.

I don't know what year you are asking about- but my 09TE450 vibed noticeably when new- through seat and pegs, especially at about 7000 rpms. Once broken in- I don't notice it at all.

Edited by DRZnXJnWI

hi guys I live in perth western austarlia and am new to HUSQVARNA"S

I just bought a 2nd hand TE450 with only 500klm's on the clock.

Anyhow I tyook it for a ride today and noticed the vibration coming through the footpegs as soon as i took off.

Is this NORMAL for huskies??

My old KTM had no vibration through the pegs.

An old trick used to reduce vibration that I practice, is to loosen all motor mounting bolts, then slightly raise the motor so that when you tighten the bolts,(to factory spec of course) the bolts' sholder does not rest on the frame tube it rides through. Not exactly sure why it works, but it's free and easy. Works for my 85' 510te, 82' 430wr, 81' 490 mega2.

Thanks guys

After riding for a while i got used to it..

its an 08 TE450..

aprt from that I absolutely loooved it...

I think i'm converted now...

just love all the fruit it comes standard with.

runman I also live in perth & own a TE450. I bought mine 2 weeks ago as a non runner......turns out the inlet valves are cactus. It sux coz there are only 2 Husky dealers in Perth; Steve's motorbikes in Midland & Tyres for bikes in Vic Park.

I've found parts for these hard to get & very pricey.

I'm curious to know if your TE has been geared up. This could cause vibration through the frame at low revs as the motor is having to work harder to get the bike moving.

1st thing that came to my mind was- Sounds about right! You get used to it, it's more apparent on hard roads to me. Maybe I'm wrong. What does a counter balancer do? 👍 The only reason I can fathom as to why there is no counter balancer on these particular years/models is for some weight savings? They definitely have a buzz going at certain RPM's and conditions.

runman I also live in perth & own a TE450. I bought mine 2 weeks ago as a non runner......turns out the inlet valves are cactus. It sux coz there are only 2 Husky dealers in Perth; Steve's motorbikes in Midland & Tyres for bikes in Vic Park.

I've found parts for these hard to get & very pricey.

I'm curious to know if your TE has been geared up. This could cause vibration through the frame at low revs as the motor is having to work harder to get the bike moving.

I dont think its been geared up. it only has 500klm's on the clock and is standard from the shop..

I know there are only 2 dealers but I reckon there are some good places on the internet to get parts if you think you are being charged too much in perth. I've only been to "tyres for bikes".. seemed good guys.

I have posted on another site and the guys there seem to think the vibration is a standard thing

I'm up in quinns rocks.