Sign in to follow this  

Ladies boot, inside the pants

Hi,

I am in the process of helping my wife assemble her riding gear for our upcoming riding season (her first in the dirt:banana:, several years street riding) and the pants she has are of the type to go over a boot. At this point the plan is that she will be trail riding only this year. My wife has smaller calves as well so she is looking for a boot with narrow calf opening to both fit her well and also to fit inside the cuffs of her pants. Any suggestions?

Not that it matters now since I'm sure after buying her a dirty bke and all the gear Murphy will get a running start at us and she'll get pregnant or something 👍

hee heee...well it wont be murphy that gets her pregnant!👍 (sorry i couldnt resist!)

back to...ummm...riding...i have skinny calves and narrow feet and got the 2010 oneal element boot from cycle gear. wish i had pants that go over the outside too. will she be wearing knee pads...i find with the knee pads inside the boots (evs youth knee pads also from cycle gear) that the boot fitm is fine and would be even if i had pants that go over the outside of the boots. thick socks are a must for me too.

one thing i can say is that i am kind of glad the pants go inside the boots with all the spring mud puddles we have been riding through...the boots have taken the brunt of the mess and just hose off.

I picked up a set of Oneal elements today for her to try out since our schedules didn't jive enough to meet at a shop. We will more than likely end up putting her in knee pads as well but haven't yet.

The 2010 element boot looks great and appears to have a lot of lateral and ankle support so I'm confident they will do the job. It does suck getting boot fulls of goo though, you're right.

I'll be out sitting on the porch with a shot gun in case that murphy guy shows up.

I'll be out sitting on the porch with a shot gun in case that murphy guy shows up.

👍

My wife only rides w OTB pants! They really help keep you feet dry (especially on the trails)

and most of them zip off into shorts for when the ride is over. She has both Fox (don't zip off) and MSR (zip off) She really likes the MSR pants for fit comfort and durability, I like the Fox pants for:smirk:other reasons.

My wife only rides w OTB pants! They really help keep you feet dry (especially on the trails)

and most of them zip off into shorts for when the ride is over. She has both Fox (don't zip off) and MSR (zip off) She really likes the MSR pants for fit comfort and durability, I like the Fox pants for:smirk:other reasons.

Lana loves her gear and has been having an absolute blast. She has taken to the dirtbike like a fish to water!!

388500915.jpg

388500916.jpg

I really love my Klim OTB pants. I wear them usually in cooler weather.

i personally, don't like my otb pants at all. they look cool, but that's about it. two pairs i've bought were ruined in 3-4 rides, but i go down a lot (fairly extreme harescramble type trails here) burned or tore both below the knee the first times i wore them.

Outside the boot pants can get caught on things (trees, limbs, pegs) very easy.

Be careful.

A girl I ride with down here has the exact same gear and she shoves the pants in her boots.

I have Gaerne sg10 boots and love them. IMHO boots and helmets are the most important part of the gear so I never mind spending $$ on boots. I also prefer a boot with an articulating ankle which these have. I used to wear in the boots pants but have changed to all OTB. I ride 95% single track and 5% road if we are doing a dual sport ride. Someone mentioned they get caught on things. I've never had that happen. I found that my boots stay dry and will probably last longer now that I'm not scraping mud off of them every ride 😏

I have skinny little chicken legs and wear mens Tech-8 A-Star boots with tucked in pants. Everything seems to work great for me. 😏

Outside the boot pants can get caught on things (trees, limbs, pegs) very easy.

Be careful.

A girl I ride with down here has the exact same gear and she shoves the pants in her boots.

Sorry for trolling but I couldn't resist....Both my wife and youngest daughter wear OTB pants but they ride quads...I have a pair of OTB pants and rode a bike and experienced getting them caught on the peg once when I went to put my foot down almost causing me to dump it...Definitely something to think about.

I currently use ITB pants, I bought some Velcro to apply to the loose part of the the OTB pant legs to make them fit tighter...:banana:

Sorry to bring this one back but I thought about this thread this morning. I just started rebuilding a YZ80 for Lana last week and had big plans for the bike.

As predicted, Lana woke me up this morning and badabing!, she's pregnant. I'm happy but murphy can go straight to hell.

I get my overtheboot pants caught on the footpegs as well as branches out on the trail when I'm footing the terrain where it's a rough technical area. I also noticed that the cuffs ride up quite a ways when I am seated on the bike.😏

Congrats long-arm!!

I have over-the-boot pants but more because I can't find race pants in my size. I had to modify and shorten mine.....and included a velcro tab at the bottom to make them more snug around the boot. Helps keep them from getting caught on footpegs or other things.