Sign in to follow this  

Antifreeze/coolant questions...

Hey guys.

Gotta couple quick questions for you guys and your preferences. I bought my bike last september. Before this upcoming season I want to drain all the coolant out and put fresh in before the summer heat just for my own well being, well how much does it take? What brand should I use? I assume is basically straight forward, correct? Any tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks fellas:ride:

How much lol just fill it up let it stand for a few minutes to let air bubbles get out. N put cap back on fire it up run it to temp till all is flowing , let it cool for. 10 mins take cap off check add till full . Mite take a few times till right , as for the type I use auto anti freeze premix with water wetter ,

I think the capacity is 1 liter, and as said above... good, aluminum safe anti freeze is fine. (I think they all are these days) You can add something like water wetter, or moose juice if you do a lot of slow single track riding to help keep things cool.

uses a little more than 1 quart.

iirc eddie likes to use honda coolant.

+1,.....I swear by the Honda coolant

Engine Ice here, with zero problems. Here in the South (Alabama) temps are at, or over, 100 degrees with very high humidity.👍