Sign in to follow this  

how to go from 25kw to full power on drz400sm

Hey all, this is my very first post on this forum, have been using this forum for a very long time. But now I need to know something and I've searched the entire forum but couldn't find any information about it.

I own a suzuki drz400sm, but it's limited at 25kw, now i want to put it on full power but I don't know how, is it in the carburettor, the cdi unit...,

Thanks in advance, cause the power it has now is quite lame 👍

I think they do the same thing in england to operators under a certain age. I believe it is in the carb. Limiting the height of the slide. Hopefully someone that has derestricted one will chime in.

I'm in the states but as I recall... there is a "Choke" in the rubber tube between the carb and the head. You will want to remove the restriction. Also... there is a stop in the top of the carb. You will have to open it up, and cut/grind/remove the stop.

Good luck

the best bang for your buck will be to swap the carb for a TT fcrmx carb conversion kit and a mrd/ssw pipe with the 3x3 mod.even after you've taken out the restrictor and throttle stop you will be wanting more

ok thanks for the replies so far, i'll be checking those places out and see where the restriction is. When i find it i'll post it on here so everyone knows.

the best bang for your buck will be to swap the carb for a TT fcrmx carb conversion kit and a mrd/ssw pipe with the 3x3 mod.even after you've taken out the restrictor and throttle stop you will be wanting more

Agreed. Just make it easy and swap the carb.