06 valve ? / looking to buy an 06

Hey guys, I am a 43 year old 2-stroke Suzuki guy but am looking to purchase my first 4-stroke. The bike I am looking at is a mint condition 2006YZ250F. I have two questions.

1. Booke value is 2165 and the retail is 3185. What are these bike going for? I mean the real sale price not just what the guys are asking?

2. The seller says he took the bike to his dealer to have the valve recall work done and the dealer told him that his vin number did not need the recall. Is this possible or did all the 2006 model need the recall work done?

Thanksa ton guys! I appreciate your feedback!?

06's are selling for $2300-$2600 around here. The valve recall was due to a problem during production of a batch of center intake valves. These bad valves would break within minutes of the bike being started for the first time. Yamaha narrowed down the VIN range of affected bikes, but gave new valves to everyone to give their customers piece of mind. It is possible that his dealer told him not to bother, but no Yamaha dealer was supposed to do that, nor have I heard of any dealer ever doing that. If the bike is still running now, it did not have one of the bad valves, so don't worry about that. If the recall hasn't been done to it then you can still get free valves for the bike when those wear out ?

Well, the seller is old like me and he started at $3400. Then he reduced the bike to $2950. Then to $2850. Now he is at $2700. I offered him $2500 and he is holding firm. I just can't seem to get excited to pay more than $2500 for a 4 year old 4-stroke but it seems like all the Yamaha sellers have high asking prices.

Thanks for the feedback. I feel better holding out a bit longer. He is really pushing me to pick it up Friday.

Thanks also for the feedback on the valves!

Thanks!

He's way too high. People are selling 08's for $3000. I just sold an 07 that was brand new from the crank up (including valves) with extras (including new black excels and brand new exhaust) for $2800. An 06 in immaculate condition is only worth $2600 at best.