Transmission ratios

What 250f and 450f have the widest transmissions? Besides the ktm W models

I had a 05 kxf250f and loved the bike but I hated how close the gears were to each other and lack of top speed. It seemed like it needed a 6th gear! I was wondering if they all were like this or is it a Kawi thing? My KFX quad is really close also...

Also are the suzuki and Kawi the same bike like on the quads a few years ago?

Are the hondas and yamahas wider spaced?

Or am I just weird and no one else has this issue with this bikes?

Thanks God bless,

Dustin Drews

MX bikes have close ratio trannys to pull from gear to gear and accelerate hard, they are not about top speed. What's the mystery here? No need for Scooby Doo on this one.

+1 Yup, everyone deals with this. Hence you see models with the WR designation...WIDE RATIO. This is probably the most frustrating thing about using an MX bike for anything other than MX. Gear it for a decent top speed and 1st. is too high. Gear it for a useable 1st. and you lost your top speed. Thats the way it is for these bikes.👍

+1 Yup, everyone deals with this. Hence you see models with the WR designation...WIDE RATIO.

This is always true except for the Husky WR 250 2t. It is the identical motor that used to be on their CR 250 MX bike, same gear box and all. It just has a different ignition and heavier fly wheel.

Of course, this is the exception not the rule. Sorry....just wanted to throw it out there.... ha ha....👍

I understand this what you guys are saying about mx bikes... But all of the 250cc two strokes I have ridden have been space out better! It is just the 4 strokes that I have been noticing this on.

Thanks for the info

God Bless,

Dustin Drews