Sign in to follow this  

NewYork WaldenMX 3-27 Open Practice

🙂 Morning rain on Friday!!! 50+ degrees Saturday with bright Sun & clear skies!!! Moto Heaven!!!

Rain on & off thru the week means deep, chocholaty dirt as we grind it up & prep for Saturdays opening for public practice. Our last scrambles had mud holes but they were all OFF the track.🤣

This OP should be pure MX Paradise! Get your bikes ready, drain that stale gas for you slackers & load the truck for what is shaping up to be a perfect day at the track!!!👍

Hey Jim -

Gates open at 8:30 am, correct? This would be our first OP, so we'd want to walk the track, etc. Would we be able to do that? Is there a kids track as well? (My son is 9, rides a 65 SX). Will you have the sessions separated by experience level? We're both track noobs!

Thanks,

Dan

Gates open at 8:30 A.M. Riding starts at 10:00 A.M.

Practice ends at 6:00 P.M.

The kids will be split off from the adults unless they are advanced, & there are plenty who smoke the big boys! The kids/ATV track is called W-2. Its a great track too, lots of great stuff to jump/learn.🤣

First track day? Take your time, walking the tracks is a good idea & use your first session/moto to really remember what is what.

Hold your line in any jump that you are going to roll. Meaning if you are riding into a double on the left, stay left the whole time & don't cross over cause someone else will jump it. This applies before and after too! I'd advise you stay to the outside of everything till you get the feel for the traffic, passing & being passed and the groove on the track. 👍

Most important? Have fun & enjoy the experience! You don't have to be the fastest guy out there your first time. Stay safe, ride within your limits & learn what you can. I should be near the finish line if I get the day off, stop by & say hi. KTM450SXf

Enjoy, Jim.

Thanks Jim - I appreciate the pointers! We'll definitely stop by / look for you. I'll be the slowest guy out there on an '09 KTM 250 XC 👍.

i dunno jim. rain the next 2 days. i think i might have to skip out on this one too. i cant get a job, so i can't pay for a muddy track. if it shapes up OK, i will bring my bike to my boyfriends for the weekend, but i am not holding much hope. i will be at ace next weekend.

That storm is forcast to pass South of the track.

Thu

Apr 1

Showers

67°

39°

Fri

Apr 2

Mostly Sunny

66°

Sat

Apr 3

Partly Cloudy

66°

43°

10% chance of shower Sat, 60% Thursday evening

You gotta be kidding!!!🤣

Any rain we get will probable not be enough to prevent watering on Friday & Saturday! Once they chisel & rip the track it will need ALOT of H2O. Watch the vid clip that was just posted on the WaldenMX forums from the last Mud & Snow Scrambles,

the track is dry/perfect, the mud holes were all off the MX track in the sidelines & parking lots.

You are going to need a better excuse for this weekend shorty!!! 👍

HaHa!!! I hit the weather link at our home page & that was what came up! Whoops!!!🤣

Not much different, give or take 10-15 degrees to THIS weekend though!

Today

Mar 25

PM Light Rain

59°

36°

90% chance rain

Fri

Mar 26

AM Clouds / PM Sun

45°

23°

20% chance rain

Sat

Mar 27

Mostly Sunny

48°

31°

0% chance of rain

Not too shabby on either weekend, LOL!!!🙂

I stand by my, "storm passes to the south" statement!👍

ps, at least now I know someone bothers to read my posts!!!:applause:

We'll be up there bright and early, with winter hats and gloves 👍.

ill b there too. super noob on the cr250

👍 If you see us (dark green GMC pick up - I'm on a KTM 250 XC, my son on a KTM 65 SX), definitely say hello. We'll be the ones everyone else is passing🤣.

Dan

👍 If you see us (dark green GMC pick up - I'm on a KTM 250 XC, my son on a KTM 65 SX), definitely say hello. We'll be the ones everyone else is passing🤣.

Dan

oh most defiently. im going to be helping out on saturday so i dont know exactly what ill be doing. But ill be wearing an FDNY Motocross T shirt. I drive a black jeep liberty.

this is me. I just look like i weigh 350 lbs because i have on 2 sweatshirts under my MX shirt. IMG_4359.jpg

👍 Will definitely find you and say hello! Are you going to be able to ride, too?

Super dry today, we need rain desperately so don't fear mud, we have NONE!!!👍

We will be working on our water lines all day tomorrow to get our irrigation up & running for Saturday. Mud free and near 50 degrees in March, should be a great day!🤣

dont worry kiwi. ill find u. and then ill ask you for tips because u got more air in that pic than i ever have.