Sign in to follow this  

250 busted me up pretty good. AC seperation

i was messin around doin a wheelie and when i put the tire down it came down on some gravel and it washed out i came down on my shoulder and ended up with a gradeIII AC seperation. Just wondering if anyone on here has had this injury before and curious how long it took to recover well enough to get back out and ride again. I really dont want to sell the bikes but if i cant ride all summer i might have to dump em and wait till next year and pick up a 250AF. any input would be appreciated Thanks

0320001214.jpg

i did the same thing on my old crf230, if i didnt have my helmet on i would of had my head split open by my sprockets when my bike flipped on me.

good luck

Had both my acl's fixed ... Bout 6 weeks for them jus depends on how much pt you do and how strong your mind is... PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY

Oooo....that's a good one! The bump will never go away. I separated my shoulder riding bmx. Do the exercises they tell you to do and you'll recover quickly. I can't remember a time frame, but I was back riding that season for sure. One thing I clearly do remember....driving and forgetting about the injury and using the injured arm to turn the steering wheel...you know, when you just kind of palm the wheel with one hand and spin the wheel a couple revolutions? Yeah. Don't do that too soon!

Also, if there IS a bright side....I had surgery on my other shoulder because it became impinged. It's kind of the opposite of separation. I still do my range of motion exercises to this day and my separated shoulder gives me less trouble than the other one. But sometimes it still does get quite sore if I over do it.

I did the same to my right collar bone. I was back on the bike 8 weeks later. But like already mentioned start raising your hand above your head. Tiger balm is the shit.