Sign in to follow this  

2010 450X release date?

Honda only has 2 new models for 2010 which are 250R and 450R. The 2010 Xs are relabled '09s. It's anyones guess what year will have FI, it just won't be 2010.

Hey does anyone know when the 2010 model X with the fuel injection comes out? I want to buy a new bike, but would like to wait for the F.I. Thanks

There is no 2010 450X.

There is no FI 450X coming as of yet.

Honda really needs to do some magic to the 450X to keep riders interested. Its sad when the KTMS have all the factory bling and better looking bits and pieces. Hard to keep defending Honda when they seem to be cheaping out on some nicetys. Sure there engineering is second to none, they just need to make you so very happy you bought a Honda.

Honda drops their pants and shows the new models in September....until then let the speculation run wild! 👍

I hear the new 450X is going to have dual EFI's....should fly like an eagle! Oh, and the forks and shock will be new Showas that have an electronically controlled oil dampening system with a quad bypass.....just what I've heard.

The wingnuts are also going to glow in the dark for easier nighttime air filter changes.

Honda really needs to do some magic to the 450X to keep riders interested. Its sad when the KTMS have all the factory bling and better looking bits and pieces. Hard to keep defending Honda when they seem to be cheaping out on some nicetys. Sure there engineering is second to none, they just need to make you so very happy you bought a Honda.

I feel the same way but seriously the other E-start thumpers have not really surpassed '05 450X technology in 2010 so Honda could afford to skip a production year. FI and different displacements with 6 speeds would sell more of them but would it be worth it to Honda to produce them? If Honda decided it wanted market share on off road bikes it could easily make that happen without too much sweat IMHO. It does not seem to bother Honda America being beaten down by a tiny little company in Austria. Darn shame but what do I know? I'm only the consumer:bonk:👍

Defending?

KTM 450 = $ 8999.00

450X = $5135.00

Apples to oranges.

Nothing to compare.

One is a race ready bike, the other is a typical non-R class Honda.

Not confusing to me.

Defending?

KTM 450 = $ 8999.00

450X = $5135.00

Apples to oranges.

Nothing to compare.

Not confusing to me.

Where can I get an '09 450X for $5135?👍🤣:lol:

Where can I get an '09 450X for $5135?🙂🤣:applause:

Ahh, but why would you buy an 09 if you could get a bramd new 07 or 08 for cheaper...the white rear fender🤣. Just kidding coob 👍, but seriously...anyone in the market for an x should get the oldest best condition X for the best price possible, that's just the honest truth.

Defending?

KTM 450 = $ 8999.00

450X = $5135.00

Apples to oranges.

Nothing to compare.

Not confusing to me.

I'm not sure the $5135 accuractly represents the cost of the 450X.

Its more like

KTM 450 = $8999

450X = $7899

http://powersports.honda.com/

(That's msrp but most honda dealers have lowered the price of the X's and R's. 09 R's are going for $4999 in New Mexico right now.)

you can get a 2009 for 5900 at southern powersports.....out the door. I looked at the new KTM's at my local dealer yesterday. They are awesome but they do not have 2500 dollars more fun inside them.

Its more like

KTM 450 = $8999

450X = $7899

(That's msrp but most honda dealers have lowered the price of the X's and R's. 09 R's are going for $4999 in New Mexico right now.)

Ahh, but why would you buy an 09 if you could get a bramd new 07 or 08 for cheaper...the white rear fender 🙂. Just kidding coob🤣, but seriously...anyone in the market for an x should get the oldest best condition X for the best price possible, that's just the honest truth.

I agree completely. 👍

Its more like

KTM 450 = $8999

450X = $7899

In Oregon they still have '08s for $5,400 but I think the point is:

$5,400 - 450X

$75 Jetting

$750 PC Suspension

$500 Stablizer

$550 Rekluse Pro

Total $7,275

Now you are in the Husky price range but still under the '08 KTM range. KTM XCs still needs all those same mods in my opinion.

actually the point was are we debating MSRP prices or dealer prices. Because you can find KTMs cheaper then $8999.

So if we are speaking apples to apples its either MSRP or local dealer prices. Both bikes can be bought for under MSRP in todays market. I bought my 2007 X for $5900

actually the point was are we debating MSRP prices or dealer prices. Because you can find KTMs cheaper then $8999.

So if we are speaking apples to apples its either MSRP or local dealer prices. Both bikes can be bought for under MSRP in todays market. I bought my 2007 X for $5900

Your right - the point of this thread had nothing to do with KTMs. I got roped in somehow.

Your right - the point of this thread had nothing to do with KTMs. I got roped in somehow.

EXACTLY 👍 This is about how Bad ass we should expect the 2011 X to be🤣

2010 450X release date was the original question then the thread morphed a little. Is there even going to be a 2011 450X?

2010 450X release date was the original question then the thread morphed a little. Is there even going to be a 2011 450X?

Honda did a pretty good job of keeping the '09 450R secret. Suzuki on the other hand - I think I saw photos of the RMX a year before it was official.

Maybe we'll get a suprise this September.

Honda did a pretty good job of keeping the '09 450R secret. Suzuki on the other hand - I think I saw photos of the RMX a year before it was official.

Maybe we'll get a suprise this September.

I hope so, Richard. I'm always pulling for Honda. I still don't see many areas to radically improve the 450X but if it can be done, Honda can do it. 👍

I hope so, Richard. I'm always pulling for Honda. I still don't see many areas to radically improve the 450X but if it can be done, Honda can do it. 👍

F.I. needs to be on the 450X for sure!