New Aspen TImes Hidden Gems Poll

Get out and vote people... current results as of a few minutes ago:

No, advocates of the Hidden Gems Wilderness have made it clear exceptions to the rules are made to allow firefighting efforts. 50.00%

(75)

Yes, Wilderness rules could impede their response to a wildfire that threatens people and property. 43.33%

(65)

Both sides are right. Land closest to civilization should be withdrawn from the Wilderness proposal; land closer to Red Table Mountain could be Wilderness. 6.67%

(10)

150 votes

Voted and copied this thread over to another forum that is heavily involved in fighting against the Hidden Gems Proposals.

Also if you guys aren't members already Please go and join the White River Forrest Alliance. It's free to join and they are a very active group based in Carbondale that is fighting the Hidden Gems proposals. Also if you can please donate a few bucks to them as every little bit helps.

http://www.whiteriverforestalliance.org/

xc7 - whats this other forum? this poll is invalid because the hidden gems blow hards don't have the power to give firefighters any abilities, this would come from the forest service supervisor. ASSpen times is very bias towards the left and hidden gems. so is the town of carbondale. they contributed public money to hidden gems without saying a word until it was brought out on the asspen times forums. they are lairs, cheats and thieves and my sworn enemies.

BackCountryRebels.com It's a snowmobiling forum and some of the board members of the White river forrest alliance are members there. Keep in mind while the name is very close to the parent organization of the hidden gems, the white river forrest alliance (the link I posted) is fighting to keep our public lands open to us. I personally know and have ridden with 2 of the board members, they are legit and on our side. I also had organized a large group snowmobile ride this winter and a raffle in conjuction with it. We raised over $1800 for the WRFA from the raffle and over $400 for SAWS (snowmobile alliance of western states) from event shirt sales. While I'm at it here's a link for Saws http://www.snowmobile-alliance.org/ which is another group much like the WRFA that is active in the rocky mountain region to accomplish the same goals of keeping our public lands open to us. Also free to join.

They started the organization (WRFA) last summer when the Hidden Gems folks started gaining some steam. It's basicly a central networking organization to help keep everyone in the loop on the fight to stop the hidden gems proposals, get the word out on meetings and such to try and get our side of the story represented, and try and hold the local govt accountable for this. As I'm sure you well know our user groups by and large are hard working people that don't have a lot of time and $$ to throw at fighting stuff like this which leaves us at a drastic disadvantage. It's one of the best ways to get the word out and keep people informed and invovled in the fight instead of just getting mad and wishing it would stop.

And Knucklehead I feel your pain bro, the aspen times has had numerous polls like this up and when they continually get the voting they don't like they pull them down. Just the wording of the poll questions is very misleading. I agree the HG clowns have no power to make changes to wilderness designation, they are just putting that in there to trick people into supporting it, just like they did with mountain bikers, they re-drew the maps around mountain bike trails to gain their support but we all know what will happen to that if this thing goes to congress, the lines will be drawn back to the original blocks and the mountain bikers that supported it will get the shaft with the rest of us.

As info I'm also a member of the AARA, BRC, and the CSA (colorado snowmobiler's association)