Sign in to follow this  

Anyone obsessed with this sport that it effects your lifestyle ?

When I started I figured it would be a phase that would eventually pass.

But this sport has a very addicting trait to it as with every practice/race you get better and better. In doing so, there is always a new step to take making it more attracting and addicting. Always a way to improve....

Every check that comes in and I cant wait but think about how I can spend it on the bike

Every weekend off I spend the entire day riding where as that time should be spent doing something probably more constructive....

👍

Yeah...welcome to the world of motorcycles....... once it gets in your blood......its always there........

Completely normal 👍

I am the same way. I ride every weekend weather permitting. I am 28 and still love it as much as when I started riding long ago (street first, then dirt). Plus, I am the only manager at work with a computer wallpaper of a different rider everytime RacerX puts out new ones, haha.

I'm with you. I've been doing it since I was 4 so it's the only lifestyle I know, but it is definitely a life style. When I am not riding or working on bikes, I am thinking about riding or working on bikes. I would have so much more money and way fewer scars if it weren't for these damn things, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Luckily I have been lucky enough to have dated girls who recognized how important riding is to me and have supported that. I just started dating a new girl a few weeks ago and as the season approaches I think she is beginning to get shocked at how much of my life is really consumed by bikes. I hope she can handle that, otherwise she won't be around too long 👍

DUDE,i am a 50 year old tucking my ears in on my flat bill cap with my pants showing off my bloomers what do you think?:smirk:I was actualled addicted to motocross after my first race(1973 -racing my 73 elsinore),keep up the hard work and make it fun,DUDE 👍

Same here, much of what I think about or do is motorcycle related. Grew up around racing, riding and like the other guy said once its in the blood you will be addicted for life. Which is fine with me. Important to have other interests though or burnout does set in from time to time. phil

yea, the first time i raced wen i was in 6th grade i remember thinking wow there really are other people like me in the world.

DUDE,i am a 50 year old tucking my ears in on my flat bill cap with my pants showing off my bloomers what do you think?:smirk:I was actualled addicted to motocross after my first race(1973 -racing my 73 elsinore),keep up the hard work and make it fun,DUDE 👍

Hmm, not sure what i think about that. Although i love anything to do with motorcycles i do not like to create personal identity through the things i do entirely, like we see so many in todays society do. Im a this, Im a that, i have to rock this brand only or that one only. Not saying thats what you are doing but the need at 50 to get with the pop motorcycle culture is maybe a bit of a reach. But hey, if you just like the style and not trying to be the style then it's all good. phil

Back in my younger and dumber days, it affected my lifestyle. Not so much now. In the early 1980’s after 5 years of riding smaller bikes, I considered turning Pro. So I bought the correct bike, and figured I’d hit the amateur circuit hard one more year then turn Pro. When that season came to a close, and my post office box was filled with pink slips and over due notices, I figured this was not going to work for me. It would only get worse as a Pro, so I gave it all up, and sold everything. 20 years later, I came out of retirement and started racing again. The second year I caught myself chasing points and thinking about what my next new bike was going to be. Reality check! I didn’t want to go through what I did in the 80’s, so I turned it around. I have been able to control myself now. 8 to 10 races a year is fine for me. Now a days I could care less if I place first or last, as long as I’m having fun.

I’ve got a nephew that turned Pro last year. It’s a totally different world then the amateur ranks. While it’s still fun for him, it’s a job. It’s hard work, and takes dedication. It also takes TONS of money. Just ask his Dad.

Hmm, not sure what i think about that. Although i love anything to do with motorcycles i do not like to create personal identity through the things i do entirely, like we see so many in todays society do. Im a this, Im a that, i have to rock this brand only or that one only. Not saying thats what you are doing but the need at 50 to get with the pop motorcycle culture is maybe a bit of a reach. But hey, if you just like the style and not trying to be the style then it's all good. phil

I hear ya there. I am by no means trying to interpret anyone's personal style, although, some you can tell are more style than personal.... Ha Ha

I have always been one to choose functionality over style. I have always been a shorts and t-shirt kind of guy, hoodie when it's cool. I have always worn a hat to help keep the sun out of my eyes, or if I need to cover some less than publicable hair...and I am not ashamed to say that I shape the bill of my hat and leave my ears un-tucked (tucked seems like it would be a little uncomfortable to me).

Im only 19, busy with school and work but my life revolves around racing motocross. I truly believe this is the best sport ever created, I love it and plan on racing as long as I can before my body gives out on me (well into my 90's 👍 ).

what part of that did you not understand?I was joking pardna:bonk:oh i mean DUDE

Edited by hadameo

When I started I figured it would be a phase that would eventually pass.

But this sport has a very addicting trait to it as with every practice/race you get better and better. In doing so, there is always a new step to take making it more attracting and addicting. Always a way to improve....

Every check that comes in and I cant wait but think about how I can spend it on the bike

Every weekend off I spend the entire day riding where as that time should be spent doing something probably more constructive....

👍

Man I do the same thing, been riding since I was 6. I'm such a psycho I can't pass a big pile of dirt or some natural terrain feature without thinking about jumping it lol.

It kept me out of doing really stupid stuff in high school and was a good reason to keep my grades up. so for sure it affected my lifestyle.

I spend so much on gasoline getting to and from riding spots its affecting my bank account!

I have been riding for 35yrs and I am still totally addicted. Actually got out of surgery today because I blew my achilies casing a triple. I am home now popping perk's and you know what I'm doing? Watching motocross videos, reading and responding to TT threads and trying to plan my healing process so I can get back on my bike's as soon as possible.

I have been riding for 35yrs and I am still totally addicted. Actually got out of surgery today because I blew my achilies casing a triple. I am home now popping perk's and you know what I'm doing? Watching motocross videos, reading and responding to TT threads and trying to plan my healing process so I can get back on my bike's as soon as possible.

how did the surgery go? Did you ask to get a foot peg grove in cast:thumbsup:

It's all I care and think about. I enjoy hanging out with girls at school and playing xbox live at home. But my bike and stuff comes first, until I'm ready for a mini me. Then I need a girl to make another rider. He is going to be the next GOAT!

how did the surgery go? Did you ask to get a foot peg grove in cast:thumbsup:

616 that is a good idea, didn't think of that 👍 Seriously though I am going to really concentrate on my re-hab and work hard to get back on my bike as soon as possible. I probably won't wait untill i am 100% but will take it easy trail riding when I think I can do it without re-injuring myself. Surgery went real well, no complication's. It is a serious injury though. I am glad it is my right foot, IMO you don't need the back brake that much.

what part of that did you not understand?I was joking pardna:bonk:oh i mean DUDE

hahaha, yeah i hear ya mate. over analysis. i do that sometimes 👍