Sign in to follow this  

08/09 Clutch question

I recently put a full Hinson clutch setup and PC springs in my bike, and now I'm having some trouble with the clutch. I know I put everything together right ( I have installed these before), but the only way the clutch won't slip is if I take out all the slack from the cable, and the clutch pull is tight. The bike is almost brand new, so it can't be that my clutch is shot. Any ideas??

Thanks

I haven't done the clutch on this bike yet but I know on my old 125 I have miss aligned the actuator arm on the inside of the clutch case and it caused me to have very little compression on the springs. My advice would be to double check the actuator arm first. If not that maybe for some reason the plates are sticking together. Take them out and reinstall with plenty of oil. Not sure if you did or not but I always soak the plates for 24 hours before installing. Good luck. Let us know if you figure it out.

Are you sure you didn't lose that washer that goes on the backside of the pressure plate?

Anyone?? Any ideas?

I had a few clutch issues with my 09 rmz 450. The first clutch burned out in under ten hours of hard ridn'. Upon inspection the fiber plates smelled cooked and glazed but still had fiber on them and the steel plates were blue.

I replaced with another oem clutch this one lasted a little over three hours I was like ***. Upon inspection of this one fiber was totally gone no burn smell and the steels looked brand new.

I bought a full Hinson Clutch, this time I let the fiber plates soak in ATF for a few days before installing them. I'm glad to say I never had a clutch issue again. Did you soak your new plates? Did you double check the instalation?

I seems weird like somthing is there that isnt saposto be. Good luck, post back when you get it figured out.

Thanks for your replies... The plates are actually stock. The only thing I replaced was the basket, hub, pressure plate, and springs. I did this when the bike was new, so there was little to no wear on teh clutch at all. I even took it all apart to ensure that I had it together correctly, and I did. The only thing that I could come up with would be that either the springs may be too short or something is off on one of the Hinson parts. 👍

Thanks for your replies... The plates are actually stock. The only thing I replaced was the basket, hub, pressure plate, and springs. I did this when the bike was new, so there was little to no wear on teh clutch at all. I even took it all apart to ensure that I had it together correctly, and I did. The only thing that I could come up with would be that either the springs may be too short or something is off on one of the Hinson parts. 👍

Yeh; have you called Hison? They have great support. Are those springs your using ok to use with a hinson components? I thought when I bought my hinson kit they sent me special springs. Ask them if you should be using hinson plates, I wouldnt think that would matter. That poor bike is beging to be riddn.