2005 KX 250...Good Bike?

05-07 are the same bikes( correct me if im wrong) Their good bikes, like anyother 2 stroke if their maintained good. The kx isint going to do anything your rm wont. The only thingi dont like about the KXs are the crankcase seals are a pain to get to, gotta split the cases.

2005 kx250 a good bike? you kidding me? it is the best 250 2 stroke kawasaki has ever produced. the motor is such a step up over the 04 and so is the chassis, slim and tall. the 05+ kx250's are the best 250's ever made, hands down.

go to the forum where you post your pics of your 2 stroke kawi, you will see lots of high quality pics of my brand new 2005 kx250. i think its either the last page or the one before it.

Thats good to hear..My bike is good but the 03RM is a tough bike to jet. I ride alot of trail rideing with a bit of track mixed in. I just want a bike that will perform well for both and not a a pain in the you know what all the time!

What about a 03 KX 250?

Thats good to hear..My bike is good but the 03RM is a tough bike to jet. I ride alot of trail rideing with a bit of track mixed in. I just want a bike that will perform well for both and not a a pain in the you know what all the time!

What about a 03 KX 250?

i think that model, has a mikuni tmx carb, if it does, get a keihin pwk....

A stock 05 needs a little minor tuning like gearing and a coupla jets. Other than that, the chassis is just plain awesome and the engine has gobs of power. Nice fit and finish, nice cockpit feel. Like a moutain bike with a 250 engine, very flickable. You won't be upset compared to that tempermental RM.

If the 2003 RM250 engine is like the 2005 RM250 engine, it may not be the best for trail riding. My 2005 KX250 does not hit as hard as the RM250. The RM250 would be great for "just" MX and good for trail riding. You may also want to look at a 2005+ YZ250. It has a wide, smooth powerband. I have a friend with a 2007 model, and it is a very nice bike.

i had an 02 rm 250, and then got an 07 rm 144, and now have an 05 kx 250. the kx feels more powerful the the rm 250 did, it handles just as well, and the feel of the bike is alot narrower and tighter feeling. The only thing im adjusting to is the hit of the power, but my 05 i got still has stock chain and sprockets. i think im goign to play with the gearing when i order new stuff.