Sign in to follow this  

fuel

I have stock 2008 kx450f I ride track n trail 8000ft and up all we have around here is 91 octain should I mix race fuel? If so what type ,how much?

Why do you want to mix race fuel? Octane ratings vary depending on region and elevation. Your 91 octane is someone else's 93 octane. Now if your bike isn't running right, could be a jetting issue or could be a fuel issue. How is your bike running that is making you think it is a fuel problem.

Why do you want to mix race fuel? Octane ratings vary depending on region and elevation. Your 91 octane is someone else's 93 octane. Now if your bike isn't running right, could be a jetting issue or could be a fuel issue. How is your bike running that is making you think it is a fuel problem.

Do you have any motor work done on your bike? If not there is no need for race fuel.

no motor work, bike runs fine, Had heard that its a better burn and that it keeps the motor cleaner.

no motor work, bike runs fine, Had heard that its a better burn and that it keeps the motor cleaner.

traditionally speaking you shouldn't need any special gas in a stock motor. that being said some folks have started running race gas or avgas in stock bikes because of the ethanol mandates. there are quite a few folks claiming that they're screwing up their bikes, sleds, outboards, etc. i'm not knowledgable enough to say either way. you might check around your area for ethanol free pumps and try buying your gas from them. check the marinas first.