Sign in to follow this  

kawasaki frame paint

hi i have a 1989 kawasaki kdx 200 and i am wanting to do some touch up paint work on the frame. my problem is that i can not find any where that sell it and for the price that i want to pay. does anyone have any idea where i could buy it? i already cheacked with pj1 paint and they no longer make or sell it. i would also like to know what steps i have to do before painting it beacause some people have told me that i have to prime it and then after wards i will have to put a clear coat on. thanks alot,

shane

It is going to be hard to match paint on a 20 year old bike, even if you find the "correct" color it probably wont look the same. But your best bet would be to take a piece of the bike(subframe etc.) to a local auto paint place and they have computer programs that can match it pretty close and they can mix some up and put it in a spray can for you.

If it was me I would tear it down and strip and paint the whole frame.

ask for lime green kawasaki in the auto paint shop i bought a 1/8 for $20.oo, and the brand is limco supreme no need to clear coat,,, shines like a new and hards like rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

of course if you have a naked steell frame you gona buy a epoxy primer to make that paint styck into the metal,,,,,,,, but if you only have a sanded frame, you can go with regular primer like pepboys sells.....any questions let me know,,,,,, thats its my hobby in puertorico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i paint moto frames atv frames,,,, and whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!etccccc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!👍

thank's i think i am going to look into taking a sample to a body shop and see if they can mix some up for me.thanks again.

DupliColor makes a green that's pretty close. It's their ceramic engine enamel, I think its called "grabber green" or something. It's a lime green anyway...

i wouldn't bother painting only part of the frame unless it is just to prevent rust and you don't expect a perfect match. i would paint the whole frame or just not worry about it

Does anyone know where to get Kawasaki purple? Were looking to Draven up my dads 96 klx 250. I know it's the two stroke forum but anyone know?