Sign in to follow this  

Should I sell and get a 250 2 stroke or 450, NEED OPINIONS

Hey guys here is the deal. I am wondering what you guys think, i should do weather I should sell the bike and get a 250 2 stroke or 450. Or if I should just keep my 2009 ktm 250 xcf and ride it another season. I bought the bike for $7100 new and I raced it one whole season and now rebuilt the motor for 800 dollars. It looks perfect now but, I am unsure if I can get at least $5000 dollars out of it. Should I keep it or sell and get a more reliable 250 2 stroke or 450. By the way I am a fast A rider that wears my bikes out in gnccs and harescrambles. I am just curious what you guys think I should do. THANKS

Your going to get many different oppinions... I would sell the bike before it needs top end work etc. And get a 250 2T. Cheaper to maintain and has more power than a 250 4T. Keeps you on your toes with the quick shifting. Just gotta do top ends a tad quicker before 4T, if you ride mx. If its trail, then a lot more hrs can go on the top end. ONLY A PISTON AND CRANK, NOTHING ELSE TO WORRY ABOUT. except jetting etc. No valves to check, and you get to smell the godness of the 2T, premix 👍. Im starting to see some people ride more 2ts, wonder why🤣

get the 250 2 stroke, i'am doing the same thing selling a yz 250f for a 250 2 stroke, the power compared to a 4 stroke is amazing, for something so cheap and simple

if you get a 450, youre just gonna have the same problem a couple months or years down the track

get the 250 2 stroke, i'am doing the same thing selling a yz 250f for a 250 2 stroke, the power compared to a 4 stroke is amazing, for something so cheap and simple

if you get a 450, youre just gonna have the same problem a couple months or years down the track, except it will cost more

there corrected it for you 👍 But yeah if you like going fast and like being on your toes, get the 250 2t, i recommend the YZ if you don't have the money for a KTM

If you're an A rider who needs an opinion. Get the yz250:thumbsup:

My fast buddies who tried the 450f's are all back on various 250-300 2t's. Sometimes I get to see them make a few turns. Then, they rest (wait) and we start out again.👍