Sign in to follow this  

Jet Kit

I see several different Jet kits for the DR-Z 400. I can't think of what make one better than the other. Please explain why the JD kit is $75 and the FMF is $49. Whats the difference? They are all made from the same materials. Is there something that makes one better than the other?

I see several different Jet kits for the DR-Z 400. I can't think of what make one better than the other. Please explain why the JD kit is $75 and the FMF is $49. Whats the difference? They are all made from the same materials. Is there something that makes one better than the other?

You're right, they are all made from the same materials, but it's all about the shape of them. Sorta like the difference between Rosanne and Kim Kardashian. 👍

What are the JD 2 different needles vs. the one from DJ? Why does the JD have a pilot jet? Do most bikes need a new pilot jet? Isn't the pilot jet just for starting? Are the Moose and FMF the same exact kit as the DJ kit? The DJ kit has different stages. Why how do you know which one to get? I have the DR-Z Kick start only do Is it the same carb as the S,E bikes?

No.

You have the old style fcr slant body

JD is the way to go

Also search about the Eddie mod (fixes off idle bog - )

The two needles have different tapers to allow for more accurate tuning. You are not going to notice much difference at your level of riding. I would recomend purchasing about 2 main jets on both sides of your stock, and the same for the pilot jets. You won't need to do anything other than adjusting the stock needle for now, but you will need the Mains adn Pilots if you are ever to change elevation much or if we get into some real humid riding around T-Town. We can play with it a bit. You will definately benefit from a replacement fuel screw similar to the ZipTy.